Looking for olvwm4

Post by Bill Cattel » Fri, 03 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Ok, I admit it - I must be blind.  I've been looking around for the
binaries or source for olvwm4.  I just got Linux Redhat 4.2 but I cannot
find it on the CDs.  I've also checked Sunsite, tsx-11, CDROM.com and a
few other WEB sites.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

TIA,

Bill

--Remove the NOSPAM. to reply via email--

Looking for olvwm4

Post by Andrey V Shyto » Sat, 04 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Ok, I admit it - I must be blind.  I've been looking around for the
> binaries or source for olvwm4.  I just got Linux Redhat 4.2 but I

How about
http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/X11/window-managers/olvwm4*
?

Regards, Andrey.

Looking for olvwm4

Post by Stephen R. Czap » Fri, 10 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> > Ok, I admit it - I must be blind.  I've been looking around for the
> > binaries or source for olvwm4.  I just got Linux Redhat 4.2 but I

>How about
>http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/X11/window-managers/olvwm4*

In particular, I'd try the file olvwm4-truecolor.tar.gz which
has already been patched for truecolor support (see the case
statement in screen.c, in the function isColorScreen; one of the
cases should be TrueColor) and has a working Makefile for Linux.

Unfortunately, all of the sources (including the above one) still
contain a problem.  To build successfully, edit the file olvwmrc.y
and remove the line "#define YYDEBUG 1" around line 529.

Having spent the time fixing the bugs and gathering the xview libs
needed to compile this, I'd be happy to save someone else the
trouble.  I have placed a binary for olvwm(4) (ELF, with truecolor
and pixmap support) on my home page at:
http://bethel.cs.laurentian.ca/sczapor.html  .  Enjoy.
(There is also a screenshot in case you're wondering what icons
inside menus would look like.)

Dept. of Math. & C.S., Laurentian University,
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

1. olvwm4

Has anyone got a binary for olvwm4 (patched to fix the AutoRaise problem)
for Solaris 2.3.  I've managed to compile the latest version, but for some
reason it crashes when I put it my .login file viz-a-viz
        $OPENWINHOME/bin/openwin -wm olvwm
and since that crashes the server I really don't have a clue what's going
wrong.  Probably some library file missing or something, but anyway ....

That brings me to another question: when I do file <whatever> and I'm told
it is dynamically linked, is there any way to find out exactly what
library files it'll need in advance?

Thanx
Kevin
--
                     \|/
                    (o o)

2. apache virtualhosts ErrorDocument question

3. HELP:OLVWM4.0

4. Can't find Plextor CD-ROM for Install

5. olvwm4 and xpm icons

6. 840-based motherboard: support?

7. OLVWM4 : successful compilation anyone?

8. Problems binding to a multi-homed NIS server

9. olvwm4 for linux.

10. Compiling olvwm4 on Solaris x86 2.4

11. binaries for olvwm4

12. binary of olvwm4?