What is the difference between evolution in RH8 and evolution from Ximian?

What is the difference between evolution in RH8 and evolution from Ximian?

Post by Ji T » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 00:03:53

Hello,
I just install the RH8 and configured the system default language to
Chinese. My PC worked great in Chinese. I really like the full
functional evolution(1.0.8), which worked very well in Chinese and
English. But when I upgraded the evolution to 1.2 from Ximian.com. It
stoped displaying the Chinese characters in all emails. I tried
different encoding methods in the menu, but it did not work. Chinese
in the menu still properly displayed.

When I upgrade the evolution, I notice that it upgrades several
dependent packages in my system. But what is the difference between
evolution with RH8 and evolution 1.2 from Ximian?
Why I lost some of the basic functions when I upgrade?
What are the tricks to get the evolution to show Chinese in mail?

Maybe some guys in Red Hat know the secrects, Can you share them with
us?

I really like to get my Chinese email back, and really thank you great
guys for create such a wonderful application.

Ji Tao