XConfig file for Compaq Deskpro XE 433

Post by Stacy D. Coi » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone have a working XF86Config file or any insight on setting up
one for the Compaq Despro XE 433?  X starts but the window manager never
displays (or any applications) and the mouse is not present.

TIA

--Stacy

1. Need Xconfig for Compaq Deskpro XE 466

Subject says it.  This is for a PC at work that I don't have much info

the ps/2 type connector, but it surely doesn't act like a ps/2 mouse :(
Also, the vga chipset (from autoprobing) is the cpq_avga w/ a whopping
512k ram :(

Please reply either to the newsgroup or via email.

Thanks in advance,
Joe Faurote

* BNR, the company that I work for, does not support my idle ramblings. *
* The opposite, it goes without saying, is true as well.                *
* "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, *
*  the story ends like a bad dream.  He has scaled the mountains of     *
*  ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls      *
*  himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians  *
*  who have been sitting there for centuries." - Robert Jastrow         *

2. Linux Socket API Code Required

3. Compaq Deskpro 433/I video

4. @Home Linux Setup Cheat Sheet?

5. >16 megs support on Compaq Deskpro XE 466

6. /var/wtmpx

7. Compaq Deskpro XE 433s

8. Sharing Printers

9. XFree86 on Compaq Deskpro XE with QVision chipset

10. Compaq DESKPRO XE 560

11. XFree 2.1 with Compaq Deskpro XE (QVision)

12. Xfree configuration for Compaq Deskpro XE 466

13. Compaq Deskpro XE help request