How to rebuild X Server

Post by Ricardo Lop » Sat, 22 Jun 1996 04:00:00

A while ago someone mentioned rebuilding your x server
to make it smaller (by only compiling in the support
you need).

What is required to do this?  I am using 3.1.2E and ATI Xpression.
Is the source available.  Do I need the linkkit?  I can't
seem to find it (I have done this before but it was over
a year ago).

Any help is appreciated.
Ricardo

|HOMEPAGE:  --> http://www.ifp.uiuc.edu/~rlopez                       |
|Unviversity of Illinois                             Beckman Institute|

1. rebuilt FreeBSD => rebuild all ports + reload all packages?

Hi, All!
May be RTFM... But I could not find an answer in FreeBSD
documentation/FAQ...

I've just upgraded my FreeBSD source tree (via CVSup) and rebuilt the world.

1) Must I rebuild ALL my installed ports? (IMHO I must)
2) Must I reload ALL my installed packages? (IMHO I must)

Thanks,
Gennady.

2. Maximum disk request size

3. Rebuild A1000 LUN + Rebuild a datadg

4. question on the TCP implementation on Linux 2.2.(12|14)

5. Rebuilt server everything OK except routing?

6. Question about a Wisecom 56k modem with Plug-n-Play capabilities, and Linux

7. rebuild X server

8. Superblock is dirty message

9. XF86_S3 Server Hangs Machine After Kernel Rebuild???

10. OK to remove source tree after kernel rebuild?

11. rebuilding installed program

12. rebuild kernel?

13. how to rebuild /var/sadm/patch