Fvwm95 - keyboard focus... lost from time to time..

Fvwm95 - keyboard focus... lost from time to time..

Post by Craig Lamparte » Mon, 11 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hi X folks!

The out-of-box fvwm (w/ slakware) seems to have a keyboard focus
problem on my system.  Clicking on a window will raise
the window, however the window does not receive keyboard focus.
The problem does not happen all the time, usually starts after
I start Netscape...  I'm asking around to see if other systems
experience the same problem.  Anyone recognize this?

BTW, raising windows with the task-bar does promote keyboard
focus (that's my workaround until I kill the X server.  Restarting
fvwm95 has no effect).  Also, fvwm95 running under HP-UX does
not exhibit the problem..

Thanx!

Craig

Post by David Bar » Wed, 13 Nov 1996 04:00:00

: Hi X folks!

: The out-of-box fvwm (w/ slakware) seems to have a keyboard focus
: problem on my system.  Clicking on a window will raise
: the window, however the window does not receive keyboard focus.
: The problem does not happen all the time, usually starts after
: I start Netscape...  I'm asking around to see if other systems
: experience the same problem.  Anyone recognize this?

Yeah : I have the same problem with fvwm95 under RedHat 4.0
It even breaks Lyx keyboard handling :-(

Testing a bit shows that once Netscape pops up a dialog box (like an error
one) fvwm focus is broken. Older version of Netscape don't have this bug
(I'm running 3.0Gold)

: BTW, raising windows with the task-bar does promote keyboard
: focus (that's my workaround until I kill the X server.  Restarting

Hopefully the taskbar is here ;-)

Does the problem also appear with newer versions of Netscape ? (couldn't grab
the latest one)

--

Post by Hector Pera » Fri, 15 Nov 1996 04:00:00

: : Hi X folks!

: : The out-of-box fvwm (w/ slakware) seems to have a keyboard focus
: : problem on my system.  Clicking on a window will raise
: : the window, however the window does not receive keyboard focus.
: : The problem does not happen all the time, usually starts after
: : I start Netscape...  I'm asking around to see if other systems
: : experience the same problem.  Anyone recognize this?

: Yeah : I have the same problem with fvwm95 under RedHat 4.0
: It even breaks Lyx keyboard handling :-(

: Testing a bit shows that once Netscape pops up a dialog box (like an error
: one) fvwm focus is broken. Older version of Netscape don't have this bug
: (I'm running 3.0Gold)

Isn't that the 'NumLock' effect? I.e. does it happens only when you have
NumLock turned on? The problem is that the NumLock key is processed by
the server as a modifier key (Mod2). Try adding the "ServerNumLock" option
in the Section "Keyboard" of your XF86Config file.

BTW, fvwm is not the only application showing that behaviour. In general,
when using any Athena applications you can popup menus, but you cannot select
anything from them if NumLock is active (not sure if that happens with
libXaw95 too).

Regards,
Hector.

1. convert UT time in local time / local time in UT time

hello,

    I try to make a fonction to convert a local time in UT time. i try to
use
     mktime + gmtime + timezone + daylight.... but the result is not OK.
    Please help me....
    The problem is the same when i try to convert a UT time in Local
Time....

    my imput date format is : 'YYYYMMDDHHMMSS'.

    I'am a beginner on Unix (and in english).....

    Does anyone know about a function or an example (in C) .

    Thanks for any help.

2. Motherboard chipset issues- comments requested

3. time time time how can I tell the time

4. cable T.V & EQUIPMENT

5. Daylight time (label) but standard time (time)

6. FAT32 and FIPS

7. Daylight Savings time, system time, hardware time....

8. outdated finger information

9. hda : irq time out {busy} from time to time

10. Is the time in gprof CPU time or elapsed time?

11. losing keyboard focus

12. syslog- kernel: keyboard error -> kernel: Keyboard timed out

13. Real-Time & Embedded Computing Conference - lot of focus on Linux