RedHat 5.1 Network Setup

Post by data » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Is anyone know how I can solve the next problem?

When I ping my local server (NT 4.0) it respond, also if I ping a
server in same class C address.
But if I ping another server in Internet it doesn't respond.

It say "The network is not reacheable"

If someone can help me with an advice it would be great

RedHat 5.1 Network Setup

Post by Charlie Bendle » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Use route to add "default".

> Is anyone know how I can solve the next problem?

> When I ping my local server (NT 4.0) it respond, also if I ping a
> server in same class C address.
> But if I ping another server in Internet it doesn't respond.

> It say "The network is not reacheable"

> If someone can help me with an advice it would be great

        Thinking of running your critical apps on NT?

                Isn't there enough world suffering?

1. RedHat 5.1 Network Setup

Is anyone know how I can solve the next problem?

When I ping my local server (NT 4.0) it respond, also if I ping a server
in same class C address.
But if I ping another server in Internet it doesn't respond.

It say "The network is not reacheable"

If someone can help me with an advice it would be great

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. ISDN and Linux information

3. How to setup Network Card in Redhat Linux 5.1?

4. Jserv 1.1b3 Install Problem

5. How to Setup Network for Redhat Linux 5.1?

6. SMB over PPP

7. Newbie trying to setup intranet with Redhat 5.1

8. KMail freezes linux

9. Redhat 5.1 - default setup - hacked?

10. Redhat 5.1 Modem/ISP setup

11. Need Help: Setup Redhat 5.1 on IBM Thinkpad Model 390

12. question - setup ISDN 3com Impact IQ - Redhat 5.1

13. Linux Redhat 5.1 setup problem