Configuring Xwindows with a Sony fixed frequency monitor and Cirrus Logic GD-5480 chipset video card

1. Problems with Cirrus Logic GD 5480

Hello All,
 I've got a slight problem with my RH 7.1 X Windows setup.

Basically the install went OK but when I brought up X I got a lot of garbage
on the display. I twiddled with the /etc/X11/XF86Config file manually and
added Option "no_bitblt". The garbage then went away, but needless to say
without accelerated bitblt X is fairly slow and annoying when I drag
windows. I'm running XF86 version 4.0.3. XFree86_SVGA, Cirrus Logic GD 5480
video chip

When I was running RH 6.0 and XF86 version 3.3.3 I didn't get this problem,
I'm wondering if there is a bug in the CL GD 5480 driver with XF86 4.0.3.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

If there is a patch for the driver (assuming that is what the problem is) is
there a way to upgrade this without a complete upgrade of XF86?

TIA.

Fraser.

2. DVD ROM support

3. calling Fortran from C

4. XFree86 with Cirrus CL-GD 5480 (not Metro-X 4.3)

5. how to install shh

6. Help installing X368 Ver 3.1.2G with Cirrus Logic gd 7543 video chipset

7. chacl does not work

8. Xwindows with Cirrus 5480

9. Cirrus Logic GD 5465 Video card

10. Single Frequency monitors and Cirrus Logic video boards

11. XConfig for IBM PS2 Color Display and Cirrus Logic GD-5430 card?

12. multiple video cards ; fixed frequency monitor ; Matrox Millenium ; Linux ; X