Problem switching focus from window to window.

Problem switching focus from window to window.

Post by Stephen_Cha » Sun, 19 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hello:

I have had problems with Linux/XFree86 when
switching from window to window. I boot up the
system, go into X, run bunch of Xterm, and emacs
and Netscape. Then after awhile, I lose the capability
of switching from window to window with the mouse.
The only way to do it is with the pop-up menu or in
the case of FVWM-95, use the bottom buttons.
It's so annoying, I just exit and restart X. It's not
consistent when this would happen. Sometimes
it's 1 hour or less into X, other times it will work
for hours without problem. I have tried it at work
on a Diamond 3D 2000 (S3) card, a generic S3 card,
a Millenium I card and at home on an ATI 264VT card.
All the same across Slackware 96, Redhat 4.0 and
Slackware 3.4. The same result over 4 different
machines with anywhere between 64 to 128mb of ram.

Any of you have the same problem?

Thanks
Stephen

Problem switching focus from window to window.

Post by Thomas Groege » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Yes, I had the same problem. Now I'm using KDE.
In my mind it's a bug in Xt. Some programs which use Xt (like ghostview)
just showing this bug.
Sometimes I can't open a menu in ghostview and several other
applications which using Xt. When I restart the XServer anything is ok.

Thomas

Problem switching focus from window to window.

Post by Thomas Groege » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

see thread: Problem with fvwm

There is the same problem.

Thomas

1. Can't switch or focus between windows in X

Hello:

Has anybody else got the same switching window problem as I?
It never fails. Everytime I bring up X and work for a while,
sometimes an hour or two other times longer, I can't switch
between windows. The only way is to use the windows list or the
FVWM95 task bar. I am running Slackware 3.4, don't know
which version of X it is. Anyway to solve this?

Thanks
Stephen

2. x only starts with an 8-bit colour depth, anyone help? suggestions?

3. Sawfish Window Manager - not raising windows when focussed

4. copy problems

5. window manager focus and window stack

6. Stats comp.os.linux.setup (last 7 days)

7. How do you control the focus in a Window Manager to do Click To Focus?

8. tools for monitoring memory usage

9. Focus to follow mouse and window with focus to come to front

10. getting the window id and name of the currently focussed window !!

11. Switching between text-window and X-windows

12. Window focus problems....

13. Window focus "follow mouse" problem.