High availablity web server software from PolyServe!

High availablity web server software from PolyServe!

Post by Eric Bellag » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

PolyServe Corporation announces version 1.3 of Understudy, its flagship
software application. Understudy enables a Webmaster or Network
Professional to set up a high availability web server cluster with IP
service monitoring, failure detection, load balancing and automatic
failover.

Understudy has broad OS support, including Windows NT, Sun Solaris, Linux
and Free BSD. No specialized hardware is required and it will work with
any webserver. By using Understudy on two or more servers users can be
assured their websites will always be available and will not be brought
down by server hardware or software failures.

Understudy is available at a breakthrough price point starting as low as
$499. per server pair. We are offering a 30-day free trial - please click
here http://www.polyserve.com/form.html to download your free evaluation
copy, or to find out more about Understudy.

For more information please visit our web site http://www.polyserve.com

PolyServe, Inc.
Gary Hemminger, Director, Product Management

918 Parker Street, Suite A12
Berkeley, CA 94710
Phone: 510.665.2929/fax: 510.649.0660

1. Regarding High Availablity Server

Hello,

I have two Linux server PCs , which would act as primary and secondary
servers.Both should recieve all the transactions.If one fails the
other should take over and when primary is up secondary should
relenquish its control.

Right now I have one intermediate machine that acts as firewall
and also gateway for these two servers.The firewall machine has
two ethernet cards, one connected to rest of network and other to
the two servers by means of hub.

Basically the servers will be having mailservers(sendmail) installed
and configured in them.Whatever mail is sent to or recieved should
be updated in both the servers, so that if one fails still there is
backup to take care.

So this is my problem.i request u to suggest solution for this.Both
primary and secondary servers use SCSI hard disks.

Can u suggest me what kind of High Availablity server
 can i  use.
If it is available, what are the steps i should follow.
I am using RedHat 7.2 Server.

I am novice in this field.So please excuse if I have used some terms
wrongly.

-Thanks again

mahesh

2. UMAX ASTRA 600S SCANNER - CAN I MYSTERY SCSI CARD IN LINUX

3. Load balancing, high availability web server software

4. 2.5.9-dj1, add one help text to drivers/video/Config.help.

5. ANNOUNCE: FREE Eval of NetTracker 3.5 Web Log Analysis Software for Linux Web Servers

6. Use of CERN httpd to proxy NNTP/News

7. netscape web servers - software virtual servers

8. linux is wrong for this (just once)

9. Set up high availability web server clusters with Understudy!

10. High performance web server with virtual hosts.

11. Ideas for ultra-high-performance web server

12. high traffic causing files to be grunged on web server