Moving my running X app from one server to one other?

Moving my running X app from one server to one other?

Post by Sebastien Cabaniol » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi all!

Here is my problem:

I have three linux boxes A,B and C

On B:

xhost A, telnet A, export DISPLAY  B
(ok this is not safe this is not the question)
and let's say xeyes & :) (I will be able to change it with my
application)

Now the question is, how can I make my xeyes going to the display of C
without killing it ? (500 points)

Same question if my application is not an X app ? (500 points)

Cheers

Moving my running X app from one server to one other?

Post by Ripp » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Most X apps take a -display switch that allows you to specify which X
server they should draw to.

This should override your default DISPLAY environment variable for that
app only.

> Hi all!

> Here is my problem:

> I have three linux boxes A,B and C

> On B:

> xhost A, telnet A, export DISPLAY  B
> (ok this is not safe this is not the question)
> and let's say xeyes & :) (I will be able to change it with my
> application)

> Now the question is, how can I make my xeyes going to the display of C
> without killing it ? (500 points)

> Same question if my application is not an X app ? (500 points)

> Cheers

1. Running one app and one app only

Is there a way to run an applcation in X, so that when the application
exits, the user is logged off?

I'm setting up a linux box to connect to a Windows NT terminal Servr
running Citrix Metaframe.  I want the user to login to the linux machine
(via xdm) and have the Citrix ICA client app automatically start and
connect.  Once the user closes his connection to the NT terminal server,
I want the X session to end and log the user off, taking him back to
XDM.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

--Brian

2. Specific Hardware List - will this work for a business?

3. moving Linux, as a whole, from one HD to a new one

4. Problem with LILO

5. Moving data from one server to other server

6. Updated beta release of "UNIX SA" knowledge test avl. at new site!

7. an app to show one jpg as many smaller ones?

8. Addition to message: XFree 3.3.2 installation blues

9. more than one lex/yacc-parser in one app: solved!

10. loop to copy a file from one server to others

11. One easy, one less so, one not quite so.....

12. apache, day one, hour one, minute one, local write permission !?!?!?!?

13. How to move a running process from one computer to another