Problems with Netscape RX plug-in

Post by Mats Petersso » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hello!

I use XFree86 3.3.1 and Linux 2.0.30, and I have installed the
X remote activation plug-in libxrx.so.6.3-linux2 for Netscape
(I have version 3.01) and tried to execute some X programs on
various sites, among them www.broadwayinfo.com.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work as it should. The connection seems
to close down shortly after starting an RX script. As I have a
dial-up connection with dynamic allocation of the IP address, I
made a shell script to set the DISPLAY environment variable on,
every login, based on the output from ifconfig.
Moreover, I have run "xhost +" to allow other hosts to connect
to my X server. I can't find out any more things to do at the
moment. Does anyone have any clue to why it won't work?
Have I done the wrong things? Something I've missed?

Please reply to my e-mail address and not to the group.

Best Regards,
Mats Petersson

*---------------------------------------------*
|  Mats Petersson   Norrkoping, Sweden        |

*---------------------------------------------*

*---------------------------------------------*
|  Mats Petersson   Norrkoping, Sweden        |

*---------------------------------------------*

1. Netscape plug-ins problem

I originally set up KDE2 without this option (didn't have lesstif and
didn't know better) but have since installed lesstif and rebuilt
kdebase with nsplugin support. However plug-ins still do not work and
no option appears in kcontrol. Do I need to recompile anything else?
--
John Green

2. TGUI9440

3. Netscape 4.51 and plug-ins problem

4. Solaris + Linux

5. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

6. Linux Net [Fido Style]

7. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4

8. How do I change SCSI cards in Red Hat 6.0?

9. plug-ins netscape

10. Netscape helpers and plug-ins, also java help

11. List of plug-ins for linux/netscape please!

12. Netscape and Plug-ins

13. Netscape plug-ins