Graphical file manger

Post by i4cmyf » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I run RH 5.2 with AfterStep 1.6.6.  Is there a graphical file manager built
into any of the X environments or is it just a third party software
addition.

Graphical file manger

Post by burk » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Most, if not all, file managers are not window manager specific. The
only one I know of with a real WM specificity is KFM, which actually
works fine on Afterstep 1.6.6 (I use it all the time and I, like you,
use AS). This is actually liberating... you can pck the file manager
based on what kind of file manager you like. To get a look at some of
what's out theer you can check the big software pages or look at my
Linux File Manager page (url listed in my .sig)

Good Luck
-Burk
--

My Linux File Manager Page: http://www.pobox.com/~burk/LinuxFile.html

1. File Manger - Files

I am using the file mangaer called files (formally Xfm) with the asfiles
patch.  I can't figure out what to put in the resource file that would allow
me to specify a default editor, default viewer etc.  I've looked at the man
files but they don't tell you  the format of the commands (i.e
*defaultviewer = xed or defaultviewer:xed).  Everything I've tried keeps
generating a error when I run files.  Exerytime I click on a file it tries
to load xemac which is not installed - its driving me mad, please help

Thanks in advance

2. howto redirect the output to xconsole ?

3. File manger undrer /root

4. TAR'ing to a DAT mounted on SGI

5. How does File Manger work?(Automatic Directory Update..)

6. Syquest 270M + trantor T-130 under Linux ?

7. X-Files v1.32, bug-fix - graphical file manager

8. making gnome automatically load

9. How to merge graphical files in UNIX.??????????????

10. Graphical File Managers

11. Graphical File Browser in RH 5.0

12. MInfo 1.5.4 -- Graphical info file browser

13. How do you make a graphical .plan file?