Problems with NV GeForce 4

Post by Peter J. de Vrije » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:36:09

Hello,

Yesterday I bought a Aopen Aeolus GeForce 4 MX 440 AGP 8x card
with 64 MB DDR memory.

I now have the following problems (vesa driver):

It will only start in depth 16 bpp and lower.
(vesa should support 24 bpp)

Only Xshm is supported (no Xvideo which I want
to use for Video4Linux).

Are there solutions to these problems?
(and if so, what are they?).

Regards, Peter.

--

| And perhaps the horse will learn to sing!

Problems with NV GeForce 4

Post by J.O. Ah » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:40:15

Quote:> Hello,

> Yesterday I bought a Aopen Aeolus GeForce 4 MX 440 AGP 8x card
> with 64 MB DDR memory.

> I now have the following problems (vesa driver):

> It will only start in depth 16 bpp and lower.
> (vesa should support 24 bpp)

> Only Xshm is supported (no Xvideo which I want
> to use for Video4Linux).

> Are there solutions to these problems?
> (and if so, what are they?).

The nv-driver don't support GF4 well, if you want to get more out of your
card, install the official nvidia-driver from nvidia, www.nvidia.com

I'm sceptical that the chip that is in your GF4MX is supported, usually the
card manufactors uses really cheap tv-in capable chips that can be different
from each series of the same card, thise are seldom supported by V4L.

  //Aho

1. GeForce 2 GTS, XF86 4.0.1, NV driver 0.9.5

When trying 'start x', I get an error  'No screens found'  and upon
oversvation of the log file, I find that the NVidia modules fails to
load 'libxaa'.

I can feel I am in touching distance of success here since I have
resolved quite a few problems to get to this point! Could AGP be a
problem or not?

Cheerz for any help,

Simon

2. Java

3. 32bit color with nv Geforce and Xfree 40?

4. New Disk Not Recognized

5. Grr, GeForce 2 GTS, XF86 4.0.1, 0.9.5 nv driver

6. Change hme/qfe full/half on the fly??

7. XFree, Geforce 4, "nv" driver and weird dots

8. help:where i can find news software

9. Suse 6.4 Prophet Geforce 32 meg ---> Prophet II Geforce 2 64 meg - > OOPS

10. NV problem

11. X running out of memory?? --> GeForce, XFree 4.01, NV 0.94 driver

12. GeForce 2 MX (Creative) problem with linux.