resolution and virtual screens

Post by Sentine » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 22:56:58

I currently have my screen resolution set to 1600x1200. Unfortunately in
Gnome, there does not seem to be a way to set the icon fonts larger. Can
change the fonts on everything else, but that it seems. You can if you
have Nautilus draw the desktop, but it slows down the system too much.
Anyway, back to my question..:)

I have all the resolutions set in order in my XF86config file. When I do
Ctrl - Alt - +/- it changes fine, but instead of changing to that
resolution, it gives me the virtual screens where I have to move the
mouse around to see what's on the screen. How do I stop it from doing
that? Is this the Viewport setting, and what do I have to change? Need
something because the Icon fonts are like 4 pixels tall, and I'm going
blind...hehehe But I still want to have the ability to switch back to
1600x1200 for those times that I'm working with a lot of open windows.

TIA
--
Sentinel
Kill da munge to reply by email.

resolution and virtual screens

Post by ne.. » Sat, 29 Sep 2001 02:28:19

Quote:>I currently have my screen resolution set to 1600x1200. Unfortunately in
>Gnome, there does not seem to be a way to set the icon fonts larger. Can
>change the fonts on everything else, but that it seems. You can if you
>have Nautilus draw the desktop, but it slows down the system too much.
>Anyway, back to my question..:)

>I have all the resolutions set in order in my XF86config file. When I do
>Ctrl - Alt - +/- it changes fine, but instead of changing to that
>resolution, it gives me the virtual screens where I have to move the
>mouse around to see what's on the screen. How do I stop it from doing
>that? Is this the Viewport setting, and what do I have to change? Need
>something because the Icon fonts are like 4 pixels tall, and I'm going
>blind...hehehe But I still want to have the ability to switch back to
>1600x1200 for those times that I'm working with a lot of open windows.

Unfortunately, Ctrl - Alt - +/- cannot do that. You will always
get the virtual screens. You may want to start using a different
resolution.

Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength.
  1:26pm  up 2 days,  6:39,  9 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.04, 0.00

1. Changing screen resolution AND virtual resolution?

Hi,
Does someone know if it is (or is not!) possible to change both the
screen resolution AND the virtual screen resolution at the same time
with the Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Plus/Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Minus keystrokes? I
typically run at 1024x768 but would like to be able to change to 800x600
or 600x480, but without getting the "scrolling" virtual screen as a side
effect.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Max.

2. X11 configure problem with Princeton DPP-560 digital LCD monitor

3. Screen Resolution and virtual Screens

4. How to verify cdrom media

5. Virtual screen size and screen resolution

6. linux-2.4.20-rc3: ksoftirqd_CPU0 eats cpu and locks orinoco driver

7. Newbie question: virtual screen resolution

8. A Special Offer!

9. Disabling virtual screen resolutions in XF863

10. Resolution changing without virtual screens

11. I'm VERY frustrated with screen resolutions and virtual desktop

12. can virtual screen size track with resolution?

13. Silly Question - How to change "virtual" screen resolution in X11?