answer my own question

Post by trobbin » Thu, 15 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> Hello All,
>   In the past I found the  web address of a Diamond
> site that had configuration info for all there cards.
> Seems I've lost it. It was great. Anyone know what
> it is??? Please email a response as well as post
> as I'm sure others would appreciate it as well.

>                 Thanks

sorry to waste the band width
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~trenton/diamond/diamond.faq.html
try this address for some good info

1. Ethernet timeout: answering my own question

Some time ago, I asked how I could reduce the delay in bringing up eth0
when my laptop was not connected to a network. Well, the answer is
embarrassingly simple (at least for ppclinux 2000q4).

eth0 is brought up by ifup which tries to start pump; if that fails, it tries
dhcpd. pump has a configuration file in /etc/pump.conf. Here you can set both
the timeout for an operation on a device and the number of times to retry. I
simply set the timeout to be 15sec n /etc/pump.conf and commented out the
dhcpd line in ifup.

--

Richard Jones

2. Need Information on kernel variables for /etc/system

3. Networked plotters: answered my own question

4. problem with script in sed ...

5. The answer to my own question...

6. any recommended packet sniffers for linux ??

7. Answering my own modem question--Creative modems ARE winmodems!

8. Monitor/switchboard help please

9. Answer to my own question about a hardware vendor (ASL) ...

10. Posting question answers in comp.os.linux.answers (was Re: Readme and give your opinion!)

11. Netscape Question (I pay $1 for answers, $5 for correct answers.)

12. finding my own answers...

13. Own Your Own Power Company!