Mandrake's version of enlightenment, why?

Mandrake's version of enlightenment, why?

Post by bznut » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:27:18

OK, so anyone who has run Enlightenment as it comes from the
sourceforge project as well as the Enlightenment that comes with
Mandrake knows that there are differences.  Big ones.
Show-stoppers, if you will.  I've noticed this is common amoung different
distros.  Redhat likes to customize and all but destroy many common
applications/environments to suit it's purpose.

So since I've been running E and Mandrake, I've been compiling it from
it's source.  I hate doing it only because apps the size of E tend to
be a * to compile on F'd up distros like Mandrake.

My question is, do any of you know how to un-mandrake the
enlightenment-*.mdk.rpm package?  I'd rather do that than recompile
enlightenment all the damn time.
--
I'm a total dork married to a total hottie!!
bznutz at sarcastic-bastard dot net

1. Why doesn't this work (sh) and what's the (t)csh version?

Ok, here's the scoop: I'm running screen and need to see at each login
if it's already running. I tried this:

scr = ps | grep -c screen
if ( $scr >= 2 ) then
   #screen is running (1 for screen, 1 for grep screen)
   #so ignore the rest
fi

What's the problem? I'm lost. BTW, I'm just a *little* unfamillar with
shell programming, but this is the only way (it goes in either .cshrc
or .login). Also, what do I need to do to get this sort of thing to work
under tcsh?

Furthermore, if screen is not running, I want to resume a detached
screen if one exists. If not, I want to start screen. If screen is running
do nothing. Here's a synopsis:

IF NOT screen_running DO:
   Attempt to resume screen
   if resume fails
      start screen
   endif
endif

alternatively,

if screen not running,
   if detached screen exists ;(check ~.screen/ ?)
      start it
   else
      start screen
   endif
endif

Any ideas would be *GREATLY* appreciated.

                                   Many thanks,
                                   Don Faulkner

| Donald Faulkner         | Only on    // /\       _   _         __           |

2. Linux keeps crashing! Help!!!!!!!!

3. WHY-WHY-WHY.....my Mitsumi CD don't seek at boot??!!!!!

4. Help with Sendmail on Solaris 2.5.1 - timeout problem

5. Why I'm deserting XP & switching to Mandrake...

6. DOOM problems with 1.1.75+ kernels?

7. Why won't my kernels boot in Redhat 7.3 and Mandrake 8.2?

8. DHCP problem

9. Why you shouldn't get rid of earlier versions of Netscape

10. WHY there's no version.h file

11. WHY doesn't the new version of GCC not work properly ?!

12. Mandrake of Enlightenment to speak at next SVLUG

13. why aren't 'esc' ~ 'break' recognized?