Themes.org -- Linux/X goodies...

Post by Trae Mc Comb » Mon, 21 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi there gang,
I normally don't frequent the newsgroups, as you all
know, however I thought I'd put a plug here for a site
you guys may (or may not) be interested in.

http://www.veryComputer.com/

A great place for Themes for X and other assorted extras.

We have Themes for:
AfterStep               http://www.veryComputer.com/
BlackBox                http://www.veryComputer.com/
Enlightenment           http://www.veryComputer.com/
KDE                     http://www.veryComputer.com/
Windowmaker             http://www.veryComputer.com/

We have other things like...
Tile of the Day
Guest Tiler of the week (was slack on this weeks :(
Icons.themes.org (to open mid this week)
The Daily Root (daily background images for your desktop :)
Joe Linux User ( different "avg" Joe User each week)
irc.themes.org (irc stuff)
A Daily Poll

NO ADVERTI*TS!
Yup.. we feel that your time is valuable, so we are dedicated
to NOT having ads tossed your way.  This site is for the
people and NOT for profit.

We also have links to most of your favorite sites off the main
page so you can easily use it for a start page ;)

At 100k+ hits a day, we're getting to almost where I
want the site to be.

Soon to come:
gtk.themes.org
fonts.themes.org
icewm.themes.org (maybe)
skins.themes.org (x11amp/emusic skins)
Much more :)

Hope you find everything you need.
Enjoy,
Sincerely yours,
Trae Mc Combs

--
   Trae McCombs -- Site Manager -- http://www.veryComputer.com/

                         T  H  E  M  E  S  o  O  R  G

1. Apache.org, themes.org cracked

Following the compromise of sourceforge, it seems that apache.org has
been ccracked via a vulnerability in OpenSSH version 2.2.0:

http://www.apache.org/info/20010519-hack.html

Slashdot reports a related defacement of themes.org:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/05/31/0252211&mode=thread

Judging from http://www.openssh.com/security.html, there is only one
vulnerability in 2.2.0, and this is fixed in 2.3.0 and later.

Before Chad Myers jumps in, this exploit is nothing to do with a
`fundamental flaw' in the SSH protocol, but rather a bug in its
implementation, that was fixed months ago.

It's not very confidence-inspiring that such important open-source
sites don't keep security-critical software up to date.
--

University of Cambridge, Zoology Department, Downing Street, CAMBRIDGE CB2 3EJ

2. sendmail - user unknow

3. What's up with themes.org

4. A1000 Firmware

5. themes.org down?

6. Intel, "unified Unix" again ? YAWN !

7. Can't access themes.org

8. joystick how to?

9. themes.org is back!

10. Themes.org to be reborn

11. themes for enlightenment (slim selection at theme.org)

12. Linux.org, gnome.org and linux.com

13. What's going on with kde.themes.org?