Losing graphics mode when switching consoles?

Losing graphics mode when switching consoles?

Post by Eddie Sha » Fri, 25 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I am new to Linux.
After switching between consoles, xwindows reverts to text!
Can anything be done to correct this?

--
Eddie Shave (Derbyshire UK)

Post by Michael Or » Fri, 25 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> I am new to Linux.
> After switching between consoles, xwindows reverts to text!
> Can anything be done to correct this?

> --
> Eddie Shave (Derbyshire UK)

You have to switch to the _X Windows_ virtual console, which is the next
highest after your normal virtual ones.  Usually, it is VT 7, so you'd
switch back to X by Alt-F7 or Ctrl-Alt-F7.

--
F. Michael Orr
Sr. Systems Engineer

Losing graphics mode when switching consoles?

Post by Eddie Sha » Sat, 26 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I am new to Linux.
> After switching between consoles, xwindows reverts to text!
> Can anything be done to correct this?

Thanks to all who replied via email/newsgroup.
I am thanking you here as I lost some of the replies when reinstalling Linux.

--
Eddie Shave (Derbyshire UK)

1. Switching from an Xwin graphics mode to a terminal mode

Dear all,

I am trying to switch from an Xwindows graphical mode on my screen to a
terminal screen. If you're running linux and you press cntrl+alt+Fx {where
1<=x<=7), then you can switch from the Xwindows session to that terminal
screen tty[x]. What I am trying to do is to "automate" this in a
program;Do you know what functio call to make? Is there a way to replicate
the process of sending in cntrl+alt+fx to the keyboard by passing say some
xters to the keyboard input stream?Any idea how to tackle this? THANK YOU

Omon Edeki

www.cs.utexas.edu/users/omon

"Never.Never Give Up."

2. How to pipe a class object

3. Graphics console lost its "graphics-ness"

4. Lexmark z33

5. Q:Resuming X Graphics mode after Virtual Terminal Switch

6. color screwup in JED in color_xterm

7. How to switch Linux to graphics mode?

8. 04 Drafting and Diagramming for Linux , Tue Sep 4 14:48:34 CDT 2001

9. graphics/text mode switching by Fudgit/Gnuplot combo ???

10. Spontaneous reboot when switching to graphics mode

11. Q: Switching between graphics, text mode

12. 2.2 kernel switches into unreadable graphic mode

13. problem switching from graphics to text mode