XFree86 & Mach32 server problem

Post by NoNa » Sat, 06 Jul 1996 04:00:00

When I use the Mach32 server my display is longer in the middle of the monitor
than near the corners. The monitor parameters are just as in the monitor manual.
This does not happen when I use the SVGA server.

I suspect that the Mach32 server does not use display parameters from the card
EPROM bcoz I had the same problem b4 I ran the card software in DOS and
configured it correctly.

Please help!!!

-------

1. xfree86 3.3.1 & FreeBSD 2.2.5 & Mach32 sync problem

I've been using FreeBSD and Xfree86 with the Mach32 X server for several years
without problem.  Recently I upgraded from FreeBSD 2.1.6 to 2.2.5 with Xfree
3.3.1 and I'm now having a minor problem that's driving me crazy.  The problem
is that when I exit X (or switch virtual console which is in text mode) my
monitor loses horizontal sync.  Using vidcontrol to reset the console mode does
not restore syn. The only thing that will get the monitor to sync again is a
complete system restart.  The generic VGA256 server does not have this problem.
I've recompiled the Mach32 server from sources and it does exactly the same
thing.  I don't believe this is a kernel problem since the generic VGA server
works correctly.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this ?

Skip Hansen

2. minicom won't display german/french characters

3. Configuration problem with XFree86 3.1.2 for Mach32 server - xf86conf (0/1)

4. epoll with per-fd selectable LT/ET behaviour ...

5. Configuration problem with XFree86 3.1.2 for Mach32 server - xf86conf (1/1)

6. statically linking in libc5 - legal????

7. Probs with mach32 & XFree86

8. >'File name' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program

9. XFree86 mach32 server hangs: any help?

10. Seg. faults & svgalib v126 & mach32 problem

11. XFree86 Problem with Mach32 (LONG)

12. ATI Mach32 XFree86 Problem

13. XFree86 4.0 -> XFree86 4.1 keyboard problem & solution