Help: Chips & Technology, Accelerated(new)

Help: Chips & Technology, Accelerated(new)

Post by Greg O » Mon, 30 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Currently I am trying to install an X-server on my laptop,
unfortunately the configuration is not as straight forward as I would
of liked.  The video graphics card is a Chips & Technology,
Accelerated (new) card as defined in windows and by Gateway 2000.  A
couple of problems occur setting up the definitions of this system.

If anyone has worked around this problem any reponse would be helpful.

Thanks,
Greg Old

Help: Chips & Technology, Accelerated(new)

Post by Jim Whitte » Fri, 03 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Greg,

You do not provide any specifics regarding which chip set or which X you
have.

Assuming you have XFree86, then you need XFree86 version 3.2 if you have
the
ct65550 (or ct65554) chip set.  Your existing version is probably 3.1.2.

Jim

Quote:> Currently I am trying to install an X-server on my laptop,
> unfortunately the configuration is not as straight forward as I would
> of liked.  The video graphics card is a Chips & Technology,
> Accelerated (new) card as defined in windows and by Gateway 2000.  A
> couple of problems occur setting up the definitions of this system.

> If anyone has worked around this problem any reponse would be helpful.

> Thanks,
> Greg Old

1. XF86Config problem with RH5.1 (default XF11R6), Chip&Technologies 65555 chips & Nokia 449ZA monitor

Dear X-WIN experts,

Can anyone tell me, how to set up XFXF86Config file in REDHAT 5.1 theese
chips and monitor or something else,please?

When I started X-Server(startx) I was seen XF86 error messages, black screen
or monitor message about failed signal...
In compatibility list there is only Chip&Technolgies 65554 chip  and older
Nokia monitor. I need to stay in kernels 2.0.x
because of driver of industrial motion control card (no newer driver)..

Can anyone help me,please?

Thank you for any help..

Yours faithfully

Peter Fodrek

2. NNTP Proxy - can it be done?

3. XF86Config, LCD Screen (12.1" TFT), & Chips & Technology 65554 video

4. Antivirus for SMTP Gateway?

5. Help: Looking for Chips & Technologies Video Drivers

6. New crack program (was Re: You know you are a hacker if...)

7. SVGA Driver for Chips and Technology 452 chip set

8. multi-acces to the same file

9. X modeline for Chip and Technology 65545 chip

10. Chips & Technologies 69030

11. XF86 and Chips & Technology 65545

12. Chips & Technologies 69030 and Higher Resolution

13. ? XF86Config for Chips & Technologies SVGA