I am giving up on olvwm please help with libXpm.so.4!!!

I am giving up on olvwm please help with libXpm.so.4!!!

Post by Peter Kasprzysz » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

:Hi Big Brains of this sub-culture,

:I adore Linux. I have some experience with HP-UX and I love LINUX, windoze
can doze in the background, but please read on and if you know something or
even have a vague idea let me know.

:I have installed my XFree86 3.2. After about a month I can get my olwm to work.
Now, I tried to start olvwm. Sytem comes back can't load a
 /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/libXpm.so.4. What should I be doing and where can i get
the correct libXpm.so.4 file. Please, help me. I spend way to much time trying to fix this problem. Should I be reinstalling XFree86 or what ???
2. How can i make netscape or any other program as an icon in olwm.
3. How I can have X windows boot up with olwm. I cab get xdm and xsm to work
but I do not know how it is possiblr to start olwm as default when I boot up.???

Please, Please, Please, Please help me I am desperate.

********  //      ********           Peter Kasprzyszak              ***
******   //         ******            HEWLETT-PACKARD               ***
*****   /////  ///// *****      Australian Response Centre          ***
****   //  // //  //  ****    31-41 Joseph Street, Blackburn        ***
****  //  // //  //   ****    Melbourne Australia 3130              ***

*****      //        *****                                          ***
*******   //       *******    Tel/Fax 13-11-47/9890-0326            ***
********         *********                                          ***

I am giving up on olvwm please help with libXpm.so.4!!!

Post by Peter Kasprzysz » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

********  //      ********           Peter Kasprzyszak              ***
******   //         ******            HEWLETT-PACKARD               ***
*****   /////  ///// *****      Australian Response Centre          ***
****   //  // //  //  ****    31-41 Joseph Street, Blackburn        ***
****  //  // //  //   ****    Melbourne Australia 3130              ***

*****      //        *****                                          ***
*******   //       *******    Tel/Fax 13-11-47/9890-0326            ***
********         *********                                          ***

I am giving up on olvwm please help with libXpm.so.4!!!

Post by Christoph L. Spie » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi Peter!

It is nice to see the guys from HP using SUN 's software.

> :I have installed my XFree86 3.2. After about a month I can get my olwm to work.
> Now, I tried to start olvwm. Sytem comes back can't load a
>  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/libXpm.so.4. What should I be doing and where can i get
> the correct libXpm.so.4 file. Please, help me. I spend way to much time trying to fix this problem. Should I be reinstalling XFree86 or what ???

Go to your sunsite-server and look for
        ./X11/libs/libXpm-4.7.tar.gz
Maybe there are newer versions than 4.7 on your mirror.  Unpacking and
installing is trivial.

Quote:> 2. How can i make netscape or any other program as an icon in olwm.

I'm using olvwm, but that should not matter.
1.) Click the left mouse button on the small triangle in the upper
left corner of each (decorated) window.
2.) Use the right mouse button on the window title-bar to display
the pull-down menu "window" and choos "close".

Quote:> 3. How I can have X windows boot up with olwm. I cab get xdm and xsm to work
> but I do not know how it is possiblr to start olwm as default when I boot up.???

I have the following line at the beginning of my ~/.xinitrc file:
        WINDOWMANAGER=$OPENWINHOME/bin/olvwm
and at the very end of this file
        $WINDOWMANAGER

For fine-tuning your olvwm I strongly recomend to print the following
man-pages: olwm(1), olvwm(1) and olvwmrc(5).

Yours,
        c.l.s.

1. UPS - software driver for the APC Smart UPS - 600 (Please HELP )

Can someone please point me to the right resource about this ?

Any hints/pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Sandy
--

Life is like an onion; the essence is in the whole not in the
peeling of  layers, and  analyzing  what's within, you'd be

2. Dialup configuration Tool

3. help - libXpm.so.3 needed

4. 1.1.52 and my printer -- HELP!

5. Help: fvwm2 Can't load lib libXpm.so.4

6. How exit from cu ? THE END

7. HELP: Where is libXpm.so and Xpm.h

8. Help w/ libxpm.so.3 & libgr.so.1

9. Help: need a.out libXpm.so.4

10. HELP- I am about to give up!!!

11. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

12. Color Problem With olvwm, please help !