stopping Suse from starting xconsole: HOW?

stopping Suse from starting xconsole: HOW?

Post by Marc Mut » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi out there!

Where is the file that tells X what to start it it starts xdm? In
particular, I want to be able to stop Suse firing up this useless
'xconsole' everytime it starts xdm.

Thanks in advance,

Marc Mutz

stopping Suse from starting xconsole: HOW?

Post by Michael P. Dea » Sat, 08 May 1999 04:00:00

Marc,

Try editing /etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0.  For RedHat, this is where it puts
the apps to start up.  Comment out the xconsole.

Mike

> Hi out there!

> Where is the file that tells X what to start it it starts xdm? In
> particular, I want to be able to stop Suse firing up this useless
> 'xconsole' everytime it starts xdm.

> Thanks in advance,

> Marc Mutz

1. xconsole couldn't start in SuSE X server

I can't start xconsole in SuSE X server.  Everything else runs fine.  I
wonder if there are some configurations I need to tweak to fix this
problem.  If I run xconsole, a small white window will come up and says
"Couldn't open console".  So if someone sends me a talk request, I will
hear a beep but can't see any request messages unless I hit Ctrl-Alt-F1
(or something like that).

Can anybody help?

Tao

2. NAT routing and GRE

3. stop using and stop buying: Caldera, SuSE, turboLinux, and Conectiva

4. Duplicate entries in Apache access_log

5. Linux Xconsole!= Sun Xconsole

6. Not familiar with POSTING questions here ? How do get author to appear?

7. Linux Xconsole!- Sun Xconsole

8. Compaq QVision 172

9. Start a listen() on a socket, stop it, then start it again

10. suse and xconsole

11. xconsole cann't start.

12. xconsole, who can start one?

13. Xconsole starts up with kdm