Viper330 wrong (missing?) colours

Post by Jan Fr » Thu, 03 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I am running X with my Diamond Viper V330/PCI.
Everything works great, but in 16bpp mode the screen shows wrong
colours (or maybe some colours are missing, so some others are used).
Especially while watching TV with xtvscreen this ain't that cool
(people with green faces... :-)
Also my netscape looks a bit "flat", I think the colours for the
3d-look-alike are wrong/missing...

Is there a way to fix this?
I read that it has something to do with the color weight, but I
checked everything (I know) out and nothing changed.

Thanks
Jan

Viper330 wrong (missing?) colours

Post by Marcel Mulde » Thu, 03 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi jan,

I have also this problem. If you read the information about the Rive128
X-server the answer is simple. The Riva X-server uses the 555 mode,
because it has more accelerated functions.
This means that infact it uses 15 bit color information and not 16 bit
which the TV-card (I have a MIRO) uses.

Marcel

> Hi,

> I am running X with my Diamond Viper V330/PCI.
> Everything works great, but in 16bpp mode the screen shows wrong
> colours (or maybe some colours are missing, so some others are used).
> Especially while watching TV with xtvscreen this ain't that cool
> (people with green faces... :-)
> Also my netscape looks a bit "flat", I think the colours for the
> 3d-look-alike are wrong/missing...

> Is there a way to fix this?
> I read that it has something to do with the color weight, but I
> checked everything (I know) out and nothing changed.

> Thanks
> Jan

1. MPEG_PLAY colour wrong for 24 and 16 bit colour

Has anyone have mpeg_play producing correct colours for 24 bit
colour?  I have compiled mpeg_play-2.0 and the colour conversion
from HSI space to RGB seems to be wrong and consequently the
colours are all wrong.

Has anyone else seen this phenomena or have the code for a working
mpeg_play in 24bit colour?  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

2. best Linux package?

3. Peculiar unicode/TT font problem: missing/wrong punctuation characters

4. root file system filling up

5. Tk Colours wrong on Linux RedHat 4.0: Solution

6. WaveLAN & PCMCIA

7. accelX & matrox millennium - wrong netscape colors

8. enable kernel coredumps with dumpon(8)

9. X colours are wrong

10. Colour all wrong on Epson Printer

11. Making xwd-pictures // wrong colors

12. X colors wrong -- Yellow Dog 2.1 / TiBook

13. xf86quake displays wrong colors