LBX or aother comressed X

Post by Brendan Smit » Wed, 23 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I have been looking at finding a way to run X over a 28.8 PPP line and I
have been looking at a way to use some type of compressed X.  I have
found 2 possibilities.  One is using LBX but I don't think that I have
the space to compile XFree+lbx.  Are the binaries on sunsite or in
slackware or any where have this option compiled in.  I am currently
using 3.1 from Slackware 2.1 but I will use any binary I can find.

the other option doesn't really belong here but if any one know where I
can find sxpc that has been ported to sunOS 5.4 I would be greatly
appreciative.

--
-brendan                     -=Have you tried Linux today?=-

"I think animal testing is a terrible idea;
they get all nervous and give the wrong answers."
                                - _A Bit of Fry and Laurie_
                  *finger for pgp*

1. Perfect Duplication of Data from one disk to aother

A few days ago, we had a problem with your server of mail, that runs linux
and qmail.
   The problem has to do  about the hard disk, when booting the program fsck
(that runs on startup) gava a message of error indicanting that was an error
with the disk...

    My question is simple. We want to replicate all the data to another
disk, including boot, root and so on, with the intentation of having a hard
disk of rescue.

    is there any command in Linux, that suits my need ???

    Can you help me out ???

    Once again, thanks big community !!!

--
Bruno Miguel Sousa

Linux was one of the greatest things that I've found
In the world of computers !

2. NIS to NIS+ migration advice wanted

3. Comressed www

4. explaining "What is a shell?"

5. Comressing (gzip and tar)

6. IPROUTE2 and Solaris

7. LBX inside XFree3.2A

8. Please help... Acer 7156s / ATI Mach64

9. LBX over Term connection

10. Where to get latest LBX?

11. LBX question

12. lbx-extension/low performance (compression)

13. LBX and MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE: possible?