Newbie: Migrating from Windows to Linux

Post by Amichai Rotma » Mon, 25 Dec 2000 00:35:18

Hi All,

I am trying to migrate from Windows to Linux.

I have Win98 / Mandrake 7.1 installed. I am trying to find a resource for
finding equivalent software. i.e.: If you use program 'a' for e-mail,
program b is the most compatible (Interface, features, formats, etc.)

Anyone knows of such a site ?

TIA

Post by matt newel » Tue, 26 Dec 2000 16:45:12

> Hi All,

> I am trying to migrate from Windows to Linux.

> I have Win98 / Mandrake 7.1 installed. I am trying to find a resource for
> finding equivalent software. i.e.: If you use program 'a' for e-mail,
> program b is the most compatible (Interface, features, formats, etc.)

> Anyone knows of such a site ?

> TIA

go to www.freshmeat.net

Matt Newell