Cannot open mouse(operation not support by device)

Cannot open mouse(operation not support by device)

Post by ¤?¥d? » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

When I type startx.
it reports:
    Fatal error
    Cannot open mouse(operation not support by device)

I am using a Microsoft compatible 2 buttom mouse.
I can ran xwindow once install Redhat.
Which is the device used initially during installation.

1. Fatal server error: Cannot open mouse (Operation not supported by device)

Greetings,

X worked for me with Slackware and Caldera on same hardware.  On RH5.0 it
autodetects my mouse as ps2 and everything seems OK.  No matter what
combinations I try, I always get:

Fatal server error: Cannot open mouse (Operation not supported by device)

when starting XFree86 or MetroX.

System is Micron Powerstation (P100) with standard hardware.

Mouse is MS Intellimouse, BUT regular Compaq mouse does not work either.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Dana Hauser

2. Which FAX/MODEM to use?

3. Dummy device - SIOCSIFADDR: Operation not supported by device

4. BIND & DNS on Ultra5

5. mouse: operation not supported

6. RedHat 6.2 & Panasonic CF-35 laptop pcmcia cards (network & modem)

7. dumpon operation not supported by device???

8. Problem when set year to 2000!

9. SIOCADDRT: Operation not supported by device

10. Operation not supported by device

11. /dev/dsp: Operation not supported by device

12. SIOCSIFADDR:Operation not supported by device

13. KWINTV Problem: Operation not supported by device??