KDE 2.1, qt 2.3.0 - TrueType font rendering

KDE 2.1, qt 2.3.0 - TrueType font rendering

Post by ne.. » Fri, 16 Mar 2001 22:37:17

Quote:>After rebuilding Nvidias new kernel drivers font anti aliasing works
>perfectly well in KDE 2.1.

>But the font list of KDE now does not display non-truetype fonts in the
>list anymore, which wouldn't be too bad, if only my fixed width truetype
>fonts like Courier New and Lucida Console would be recognized as such.

>Right now I have no option to choose a font for fixed width displaying.

>Where can I set KDE to also display non TrueType (probably non-renderable)
>Fonts and to set the status of the fixed width fonts?

>Any ideas?

Go to deja (now owned by google) and search yesterday's posts
in the following newsgroups: comp.os.linux.x and comp.windows.x.kde.

Someone posted very pointers on how to get this going.

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you
actually look forward to the trip.
                -- Caskie Stinnett, "Out of the Red"
  8:32am  up 38 days, 11:06, 11 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Post by Georg Oberwinkle » Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:57:46

After rebuilding Nvidias new kernel drivers font anti aliasing works
perfectly well in KDE 2.1.

But the font list of KDE now does not display non-truetype fonts in the
list anymore, which wouldn't be too bad, if only my fixed width truetype
fonts like Courier New and Lucida Console would be recognized as such.

Right now I have no option to choose a font for fixed width displaying.

Where can I set KDE to also display non TrueType (probably non-renderable)
Fonts and to set the status of the fixed width fonts?

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Georg
--
government denies knowledge

1. TrueType fonts don't render correctly.

I was finally able to add TrueType fonts to my system, however they don't
seem to render correctly.  For instance, whenever I select Verdana font, it
is rendered as Nimbus font.  This happens in KWord, Konqueror, etc...  So I
looked in the /etc/X11/XftConfig file and I noticed the following line:

match any family == "verdana"           edit family += "Nimbus Sans L";

I am guessing that anytime KDE sees verdana font it is replaced by Nimbus.
I commented the line out, rebooted the system, but to no avail.

I am using standard RH7.2, KDE 2.2.1.  The antialiasing is on.

Thanks.

2. how to mount macintosh floppies?

3. (fwd) FreeType beta released -- a portable TrueType font rendering engine

4. Any gurus on the history of "PING"

5. KDE 2.1.x Fixed Width Fonts Free Feeble Font Fix

6. Mouse cursor "X" screwed up - HELP!

7. Xfree 4.02 render and KDE 2.1

8. ls-lR.html on sunsite

9. AA woes: XFree86 4.0.3, QT 2.3.0 and KDE 2.1

10. KDE 2.1 with qt-2.3.0 from Rawhide 1.0

11. RH7, QT-2.2.1, and GCC-2.96 = 1 broken KDE 2.0

12. kdevelop error: QT(snapshot >= Qt 2.1 beta2)

13. KDE 2.1 panel crashes when child panel activated (after using font anti-alias)