Swap Part

Post by JH » Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

how could I setup a swap partition?? (fstab??,....)

JH

1. RH 5.2 hangs when formatting swap part.

I am trying to install Red Hat Linux 5.2 and setup locks up my PC when
it is initializing the swap partition.  The keyboard is locked and the
HD light stays on.  I can only shut-off the PC or hit the reset
button.  I have:

300 MHz Pent. II
Shuttle HOT-641 mainboard w/440BX chip set
Matrox Mystique w/4 MB RAM
64 MB SDRAM
Sound Blaster 32 PNP
3 GB Western Digital EIDE HD on Primary chan.
Mitsumi IDE CD-ROM as master on Sec. chan.
HP/Colorado 5 GB IDE tape drive as slave on sec. chan.
SMC PCI ethernet card (DEC 21041 chip set)
USR Sportster 56k modem on Com 2
Logitech WingMan Warrior digital joystick on Com1
Logitech PS2 mouse

This hard drive used to dual-boot OS/2 Warp 4 and NT 4 wkstn, but I
removed all of those partitions.   I started setup and created the
partitions in Disk Druid, but when I have it initialize the swap
partition, the PC locks up.  I have tried this three times, but I get
the same lockup each time.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them!

John
John M. Clark

2. The DEBIAN/HP connection!

3. Is it necessary to mount a swap part?

4. Speedstar Pro, Is it usable for X-windows?

5. size of swap part'n?

6. root login in telnet

7. Swap Part.

8. /etc/utmp not writable by xterm's. Why?

9. Moving space from SWAP part' to /?

10. swap part.

11. Which is better, swap part or file?

12. Linux & Windows using swap Part?

13. Linux Swap Space mini-HOWTO (part 1/1)