Screen capture software?

Post by Ed » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I'm looking for screen-capturing software for Linux/XWindows, which can
record the screen as I work with an application...the purpose being to
build tutorials/demos of how to use the application.  What's available?
Thanks

Screen capture software?

Post by Alex » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> I'm looking for screen-capturing software for Linux/XWindows, which can
> record the screen as I work with an application...the purpose being to
> build tutorials/demos of how to use the application.  What's available?
> Thanks

Lots...
GIMP can do it. XV can do it.
I use GIMP more often thoigh.

Hope this help.

Alex.

The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence
http://www.seti.org/

Registered with the Linux Counter. ID# 175126
http://counter.li.org/index.html

Screen capture software?

Post by David L. Johnso » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> I'm looking for screen-capturing software for Linux/XWindows, which can
> record the screen as I work with an application...the purpose being to
> build tutorials/demos of how to use the application.  What's available?
> Thanks

xv is what you are looking for.  Easy to get a snapshot of either a window, or
a region of the screen, and save it to whatever format you need.

--

Department of Mathematics  http://www.lehigh.edu/~dlj0/dlj0.html
Lehigh University

"What am I on?  I'm on my bike, six hours a day, busting my ass.  What are you
on?"

--Lance Armstrong

Screen capture software?

Post by Ed Blosc » Sun, 27 Aug 2000 04:00:00

How about capturing a movie?  That's what I was really getting at....sorry
for the confusion.