>640x480x16bpp with Cyrix MediaGX integrated video adaptor?

>640x480x16bpp with Cyrix MediaGX integrated video adaptor?

Post by Howard Man » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Is anyone out there running X with the Cyrix MediaGX integrated video adapter
> at resolutions greater than 640x480?  I'm able to get 640x480x16bpp using the
> latest SVGA xserver from XFree86 3.3.3 under Debian 2.0.  I'm trying to get
> to at least 800x600x16bpp, but the xserver keeps deleting all resolutions
> greater than 640x480 with a message that says something like "sync - display
> must be between 8 and 24."

What horizon and vert sync rates have you specified for your monitor in XF86Config ?

How did you determine these for your monitor?

You may want to post the results of x -probeonly and the relevant sections of your XF86Config file.

See the "Xwoes " section on my website.

Regards,

--
Howard Mann