ATI Radeon Mobility M6 on Dell Inspiron 4100

ATI Radeon Mobility M6 on Dell Inspiron 4100

Post by Andy Jeffers » Mon, 12 Nov 2001 20:34:16

Hi,

i have a Dell Inspiron 4100 which comes with an ATI Radeon Mobility M6
adaptor. I have had to set the graphics set up as follows

Generic Laptop Display Panel 1400x1050
Device : Generic VGA

This gives me 1280x1024, but i would like to actually use the cards
capabilities. When I try using the Mandrake XFdrake tool and select
the ATI Radeon card it ends with

server is not available (should be in /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_) at
/usr/lib/libDrakX/Xconfigurator.pm line 406

I have likewise tried getting it to recognize the card itself, and it
comes back that the card has the chipset ATI Radeon MObility LY (AGP)
with 16M. It then loads the radeon_drv module. .... and at the end
fails with

(EE) RADEON(0): Failed to detect the panel size.

This occurs whether or not i select the monitor type as above, or Dell
1400X Laptop Display Panel.

Anybody got one of these cards to work, bearing in mind that the
support is supposedly in the XFree 4.1.0 release, and that is what i
have installed.

Thx in advance
--
Andy

1. ATI Rage Mobility-AGP2x on Dell 7500 (Inspiron) Redhat Linux v7.x...

I'm new to Linux and would appreciate some help.

I have a Dell 7500 and have just loaded Redhat v7.0 from the boxed-set.
Can someone give me specific instructions as to how I can get the
onboard ATI Rage Mobility AGP-2X card to work at the default resolution
of 1400x1050 (16-bit or 24-bit color would be desirable?).  I'm able to
drive it to 1152x and 1280x with 16-bit color, however, I cannot get
options to appear in Xconfigurator for the 1400x1050 modes...

Thanks,

MarkW
-
"We want a few mad people now. See where the sane ones have landed us!"
 George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
-

2. Xnest and Solaris?

3. ATI Rage Mobility-P on Dell Inspiron 7500 Problems

4. DHCP and Cable Modem

5. newbie with dell Inspiron 700 and ATI Rage Mobility

6. SHARE CDROM

7. IRQ routing and USB audio on Dell Inspiron 4100

8. determine cache hit rate

9. video & CD-ROM problems with Dell Inspiron 4100

10. Dell Inspiron 4100 and S.u.S.E. 7.3 (Help, Please)

11. Experiences from installing Linux on a Dell Inspiron 4100

12. ATI Mobility M6 on Fujitsu E-Series Laptop

13. Red Hat on Dell Dimension 4100 w/ ATI Rage 128 Pro Video...