Send X events(keystrokes) to a App (xterm)

Send X events(keystrokes) to a App (xterm)

Post by vardha » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Is there any utility thru which i can send 'keystrokes' to
any xterm window. I can get the Id using xlsclients.

so i can just say
  xsendkeys -i 0x123456 "cd Foo/Bar/\n"

Somebody must have written this nice little program ..
pointers ???

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. gtk event box / keystroke question

Newbie's question:

Beneath the top-level window, I have an event box an in that event box I
have a label.  Assuming it's possible at all, how can I make that label
responsive to keystrokes?

I've managed a response to mouse button events, though not yet with
keystrokes.

I've checked the GTK site tutorial, the faq, the website api references
(as best I could), and have checked GTK+/Gnome App. Programming.
Several points (including the faq) seem to talk around it, suggesting at
best using the event box, setting the appropriate GDK event mask, etc.,
but no direct response.  I found the same question in a dejanews search,
but did not find the response.

-Joe

-Joe

2. Can't login after crash, removed passwd 4 root same result

3. Sending Programs Keystrokes

4. netscape &mail from MS users

5. Send keystroke to an X Windows Application on Solaris ?

6. Help With NIS+

7. start slow app, finally appears and gets unintended keystrokes

8. bugreports@neo-modus.com

9. simulated keystroke send to OS

10. Send Keystroke to other computer in the network

11. How do I send keystrokes to a telnet session

12. Can Unix send fake keystroke to remote PC?

13. Send keystroke to an X application on UNIX ?