Dock apps in enlightenment+gnome?

Post by Ding-Jung Ha » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Just switched to GNOME+enlightenment from WindowMaker, but really want
to use the good old dock apps (wmmon, wmppp, wmtime, etc.) Anyone knows
how to automatically start these dock apps at a *fixed* position on
screen?

TIA!

Dock apps in enlightenment+gnome?

Post by Jeremi » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Just switched to GNOME+enlightenment from WindowMaker, but really want
> to use the good old dock apps (wmmon, wmppp, wmtime, etc.) Anyone knows
> how to automatically start these dock apps at a *fixed* position on
> screen?

        The newest versions of Enlightenment (0.15.x) have a dock...
If you fire up a bunch of dock apps, they will appear where the dock
is set up...  you can change where the dock starts, and which direction
is builds in by changing the following lines in control.cfg:

  __DOCK_DIRECTION                               __DOWN
  __START_POSITION_OF_DOCK                       1216 61

The only way I figured out how to do this was to change the
file /usr/share/enlightenment/config/control.cfg, and then remove
~/.enlightenment completely and start over (I think I had autosave on,
but I couldn't figure out how to turn it off...).  Since I'm the only
user on my system who uses dock apps, it's no big deal...

Good luck,

Brian

--
email to bmeloon at twcny dot rr dot com.  evilquaker is a spam collector.

1. Dock apps in Enlightenment 15.5

I am using RH 6.0 with Enlightenment 15.5 and Gnome (x86 platform).  I
would like to use some WindowMaker and AfterStep dock apps.  I have
downloaded, compiled and installed wmnet-1.05,a network interface
monitoring app.  The program works fine, except that I get the "regular"
window frame around the app.  I would like to be able to run it without the
window frames, so it looks like a normal dock app.

According to the readme in wmnet it should work with other window
managers.  I have seen screenshots of Enlightenment with many kinds of dock
apps.  What's the trick?

Also, what config file do I edit so applications (specifically dock-apps)
start when I start Enlightenment/Gnome?

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

2. iptables - filtering mac addresses

3. Gnome & Dock Apps

4. Help PPP

5. WMaker dock apps in GNOME panel

6. 3 Button Mouse

7. Enlightenment - activating the dock?

8. RH42 <-> Slackware 3.3 ?

9. dock in enlightenment

10. dock on enlightenment

11. themes for GNOME 1.4 apps on GNOME 2.2 system

12. Docking apps in WindowMaker

13. windowmaker docked apps...