Configuring Xwindows with a Hercules Stingray 128/3D Card

Configuring Xwindows with a Hercules Stingray 128/3D Card

Post by William McLendo » Sat, 07 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
  I am in the process of adding Linux to my system,
I am using Redhat 5.  The catch I have hit is configuring
Xwindows with my current Video card.  To the best of
my abilities, the 2D part of the Stingray128/3D uses the
Alliance Promotion AT3D chipset or AT25... one of those.
Anyways, I haven't found this listed in the configuration
programs in setting everything up.
  Does anyone have any ideas on this?  I don't want to
be stuck at 640x480-16colors :(  Is there an alternate
driver I can use?  I have tried setting up the SVGA driver
but it hasn't been too kind to me here.

Thanks,
  -Will
--
William McLendon III
  Senior, Computer Science -- Texas A&M University

Post by William McLendo » Sun, 08 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,
>   I am in the process of adding Linux to my system,
> I am using Redhat 5.  The catch I have hit is configuring
> Xwindows with my current Video card.  To the best of
> my abilities, the 2D part of the Stingray128/3D uses the
> Alliance Promotion AT3D chipset or AT25... one of those.
> Anyways, I haven't found this listed in the configuration
> programs in setting everything up.
>   Does anyone have any ideas on this?  I don't want to
> be stuck at 640x480-16colors :(  Is there an alternate
> driver I can use?  I have tried setting up the SVGA driver
> but it hasn't been too kind to me here.

> Thanks,
>   -Will

Muhahahahaha  I found it!  Just in case anyone is interested,
drivers for this chipset:  Alliance Promotion AT3D and AT25
can be found at:

http://www.suse.de/XSuSE/index.html

--
William McLendon III
  Senior, Computer Science -- Texas A&M University
  "Nur wer arbeitet, macht fehler ..." -German Proverb
  "Only people who work, can make mistakes ..."

Configuring Xwindows with a Hercules Stingray 128/3D Card

Post by Paul Grat » Sat, 14 Mar 1998 04:00:00

William,
  In case you are still interested, those SuSE drivers have been intergrated
into the latest release of XFree86 (3.2.2) I'm actually downloading it right
so I'm not sure how good they are.
Paul

:
: > Hi,
: >   I am in the process of adding Linux to my system,
: > I am using Redhat 5.  The catch I have hit is configuring
: > Xwindows with my current Video card.  To the best of
: > my abilities, the 2D part of the Stingray128/3D uses the
: > Alliance Promotion AT3D chipset or AT25... one of those.
: > Anyways, I haven't found this listed in the configuration
: > programs in setting everything up.
: >   Does anyone have any ideas on this?  I don't want to
: > be stuck at 640x480-16colors :(  Is there an alternate
: > driver I can use?  I have tried setting up the SVGA driver
: > but it hasn't been too kind to me here.
: >
: > Thanks,
: >   -Will
:
: Muhahahahaha  I found it!  Just in case anyone is interested,
: drivers for this chipset:  Alliance Promotion AT3D and AT25
: can be found at:
:
: http://www.suse.de/XSuSE/index.html
:
: --
: William McLendon III
:   Senior, Computer Science -- Texas A&M University
:   "Nur wer arbeitet, macht fehler ..." -German Proverb
:   "Only people who work, can make mistakes ..."
:
:

--
 Paul Gratz

 Intel, Corp.
 5000 W. Chandler Blvd.
 Chandler, AZ  85226

1. need help on configuring a hercules stingray 128/3d in xwindows

I have just installed Red Hat v4.2 and after some minor problems it works
but now i have a serious problem where i as a new user do not know the
sollution to. i am trying to get my hercules stingray 128/3d to work. After
1/2 day i can run xwindows in 320x240 and that is not a pretty sight. I
would be very pleased if i could get a normal 800x600 running on it so if
anybody knows how to get it running please mail me. Note "that i am a new
linux user and don't know alot about it so i am not yet familiar in linux"
if you could help me i would be verry verry pleased. thank you

2. load abg problems: Solaris 2.6, OWS 3.0.18.0, Oracle RDBMS 7.3.2.3

3. problem configuring a hercules stingray 128/3d

4. XClass95 Compiling Problem

5. Hercules Stingray 128/3D Video card - Drivers Please :|

6. Problems - NET & Serial

7. Hercules Stingray 128/3D and XF86

8. SACK

9. Hercules Stingray 128/3D

10. Q: XFree86 driver for Hercules Stingray 128/3D ?

11. X-server for Hercules Stingray 128/3D

12. Problem with X and Hercules Stingray 128/3D

13. Hercules Stingray 128/3D with Redhat 4.2 ??