Need help about X on IBM ThinkPad760E

Need help about X on IBM ThinkPad760E

Post by Long Du » Wed, 22 May 1996 04:00:00



Hi, every one,
I am looking for help in putting the X server on the
IBM ThinkPad760E. The machine has a TVGA9320 video
chip in it, and I am using XFree86_SVGA as the driver.
When I start the X server, (after the necessary configurations),
the whole display seems wrapped around. No matter what
resolutions I set, (for instance 640x480), I can only see
the resolution 320x200, and the 640x480 background seems
folded in both horizontal and vertical directions.

Does anyone have the similary experience?
Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

-Long
--
------------------------------------
Keith L. Duan
Department of Electrical Engineering
Washington University, St. Louis

 
 
 

Need help about X on IBM ThinkPad760E

Post by Dieter Kraf » Sun, 26 May 1996 04:00:00



> Hi, every one,
> I am looking for help in putting the X server on the
> IBM ThinkPad760E. The machine has a TVGA9320 video
> chip in it, and I am using XFree86_SVGA as the driver.

try XFree86_SVGA3.1.2E from ftp.xfree86.org

Quote:> When I start the X server, (after the necessary configurations),
> the whole display seems wrapped around. No matter what
> resolutions I set, (for instance 640x480), I can only see
> the resolution 320x200, and the 640x480 background seems
> folded in both horizontal and vertical directions.

> Does anyone have the similary experience?
> Does anyone know what is wrong?

> Thanks in advance.

> -Long
> --
> ------------------------------------
> Keith L. Duan
> Department of Electrical Engineering
> Washington University, St. Louis

--

____________________________________________________________________
Dr. Dieter Kraft               Phone 0049 89 1265 1177 (at work)
Fachhochschule Muenchen              0049 8153 2493    (private)
Dachauerstrasse 98b            Fax   0049 89 1265 1392


 
 
 

Need help about X on IBM ThinkPad760E

Post by Keith D. Lon » Wed, 29 May 1996 04:00:00




> > Hi, every one,
> > I am looking for help in putting the X server on the
> > IBM ThinkPad760E. The machine has a TVGA9320 video
> > chip in it, and I am using XFree86_SVGA as the driver.

> try XFree86_SVGA3.1.2E from ftp.xfree86.org

Thanks for the help on this problem.
After I download the XFree86-3.1.2E, I am having the following
new problems:
There are black vertical lines on the screen. It seems that the
there is a vertical line every two pixels. The remaining areas are
set to the correct color. The whole display area seems not refreshed
completely. There are always some remainings left when I close a
xterm or move the cursor.
I tryed to adjust the "Modeline" parameters in the XF86Config file,
as well as the Options in the Device section in the same file,
but I see no improvement.

What else should I do?
Thanks again for your help.
------------------------------------
 Keith L. Duan
 Department of Electrical Engineering
 Washington University, St. Louis

 
 
 

Need help about X on IBM ThinkPad760E

Post by Keith D. Lon » Wed, 29 May 1996 04:00:00




> > Hi, every one,
> > I am looking for help in putting the X server on the
> > IBM ThinkPad760E. The machine has a TVGA9320 video
> > chip in it, and I am using XFree86_SVGA as the driver.

> try XFree86_SVGA3.1.2E from ftp.xfree86.org

Thanks for the help on this problem.
After I download the XFree86-3.1.2E, I am having the following
new problems:
There are black vertical lines on the screen. It seems that the
there is a vertical line every two pixels. The remaining areas are
set to the correct color. The whole display area seems not refreshed
completely. There are always some remainings left when I close a
xterm or move the cursor.
I tryed to adjust the "Modeline" parameters in the XF86Config file,
as well as the Options in the Device section in the same file,
but I see no improvement.

What else should I do?
Thanks again for your help.
------------------------------------
 Keith L. Duan
 Department of Electrical Engineering
 Washington University, St. Louis