problems compiling rpc.bootparamd from xkernel package

problems compiling rpc.bootparamd from xkernel package

Post by Matthew Spar » Thu, 15 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I'm getting errors when compiling rpc.bootparamd from the Linux-Xkernel
package.  Here's what it gives me:

cc    -c rpc.bootparamd.c -o rpc.bootparamd.o
rpc.bootparamd.c: In function `bootparamproc_whoami_1':
rpc.bootparamd.c:26: number of arguments doesn't match prototype
bootparam_prot.h:152: prototype declaration
rpc.bootparamd.c: In function `bootparamproc_getfile_1':
rpc.bootparamd.c:89: number of arguments doesn't match prototype
bootparam_prot.h:155: prototype declaration
make: *** [rpc.bootparamd.o] Error 1

Does anyone know what's wrong here... or better yet, does anyone have a
pre-compiled rpc.bootparamd for Linux?

mS
---------------------

:
: cc    -c rpc.bootparamd.c -o rpc.bootparamd.o
: rpc.bootparamd.c: In function `bootparamproc_whoami_1':
: rpc.bootparamd.c:26: number of arguments doesn't match prototype
: bootparam_prot.h:152: prototype declaration
: rpc.bootparamd.c: In function `bootparamproc_getfile_1':
: rpc.bootparamd.c:89: number of arguments doesn't match prototype
: bootparam_prot.h:155: prototype declaration
: make: *** [rpc.bootparamd.o] Error 1
:
: Does anyone know what's wrong here... or better yet, does anyone have a
: pre-compiled rpc.bootparamd for Linux?
:
: mS
: ---------------------

:
:

Yeah, I had this same problem.  I boot a Sun 3/50M off of my linux box.
I had to seriously hack the source for rpc.bootparamd to get it to com-
pile.  I did this by changing some of the declarations in the file
bootparam_prot.h and modifying the makefile.  Then I had to add missing
functions to rpc.bootparamd.c that I got from the FreeBSD source (of
all places! (: ) Then I had to remodify the bootparam_prot.h file before
getting callbootd to compile.  I did this all by hand, but I could have
gotten the Makefile to do this with a little more hacking.  I recently had
to hack the code all over again as I lost my linux root partition!  What
an evil experience!  Anyway, here's the compiled binaries for rpc.bootparamd
and callbootd, which are working fine for booting my Sun 3/50M with Xkernel
that I got from sunsite

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Network/net.boot/

File:  1231579 May 26  1994 Linux-Xkernel-2.0a.tar.gz

And now I know that I can get them from you if I lose them again!

:)

begin 755 rpc.bootparamd
<uuencoded_portion_removed>
=9')?8G!?;6%C:&EN95]N86UE7W0`>&1R7VEN=```
`
end

begin 755 callbootd

`
end

P.S. There is supposed to be some information on booting Sun diskless work-
stations from linux boxes at http://www.veryComputer.com/'t
been able to connect to their server for the past couple of days.

--Randy

 "You can't use a department-store mannequin and run it in these tests.  It
  doesn't tell you anything."  --  Dr. Albert King, of Wayne State Univer-
        sity, explaining why he uses cadavers for car crash tests.
  *Gate Technical Support              *Gate System Administration

1. problems compiling rpc.bootparamd from xkernel package

I'm getting errors when compiling rpc.bootparamd from the Linux-Xkernel
package.  Here's what it gives me:

cc    -c rpc.bootparamd.c -o rpc.bootparamd.o
rpc.bootparamd.c: In function `bootparamproc_whoami_1':
rpc.bootparamd.c:26: number of arguments doesn't match prototype
bootparam_prot.h:152: prototype declaration
rpc.bootparamd.c: In function `bootparamproc_getfile_1':
rpc.bootparamd.c:89: number of arguments doesn't match prototype
bootparam_prot.h:155: prototype declaration
make: *** [rpc.bootparamd.o] Error 1

Does anyone know what's wrong here... or better yet, does anyone have a
pre-compiled rpc.bootparamd for Linux?

mS
---------------------

2. Problem with 100BaseT on Ultra 2200

3. Compaq Mouse with Debian

4. Xkernel Problems || WTD: Binaries for rpc.bootparamd

5. Static IP/SLIP can't connect with DIP

6. Xkernel/rpc.bootparamd help!

7. corrupted file system

8. rpc.bootparamd and XKernel

9. NEED rpc.bootparamd for Xkernel on Sun!

10. problems compiling rpc.bootparamd

11. help compiling rpc.bootparamd

12. Wanted: rpc-1.01 (or a rpc package that compiles)