TVGA9400AGI Driver

Post by Jordan Aren » Wed, 28 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Does anybody know if anyone is working on a SVGA driver for the Trident
9440AGI?  If so, I would like information on it.

Jordan Arendt                                Computer Science Major
http://204.83.31.2/~arendt                  (3rd Year)

TVGA9400AGI Driver

Post by Jake Zaagm » Thu, 29 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anybody know if anyone is working on a SVGA driver for the Trident
>9440AGI?  If so, I would like information on it.

   I have the same card, and I don't think there is one. It does'nt work
with X. If it does no one can tell me in understandable terms.

   My guess is it will be included later - after it has been out for
awhile.

TVGA9400AGI Driver

Post by Bob Schaef » Fri, 30 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>Does anybody know if anyone is working on a SVGA driver for the Trident
>9440AGI?  If so, I would like information on it.

Yes, there is work being done on a SVGA driver for the 9440.  There is
apparently early work on it, so it will be awhile yet.  There will be
announcements in this group when it is ready, I'll make sure of it.  The
development is being done by the Xfree team, so it will be supported in
all future releases, once its done.  Unfortunately, that's about all I can
tell you about it.  (I could tell you more, but then I'd have to kill
you.)  Just be patient and remember there are more in the same group as you.

Bob Schaefer

Launchpad is an experimental internet BBS. The views of its users do not
necessarily represent those of UNC-Chapel Hill, OIT, or the SysOps.

TVGA9400AGI Driver

Post by Andrew V. Korov » Wed, 05 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: >Does anybody know if anyone is working on a SVGA driver for the Trident
: >9440AGI?  If so, I would like information on it.

:    I have the same card, and I don't think there is one. It does'nt work
: with X. If it does no one can tell me in understandable terms.

:    My guess is it will be included later - after it has been out for
: awhile.

me too.
--

TVGA9400AGI Driver

Post by Simon Kersh » Thu, 06 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I've just bought a new Pentium based PCI system with said card and have
exactly the same problem....Any news?

Is there no way of getting something up and running using the standard
SVGA server?

Simon

TVGA9400AGI Driver

Post by Chris Kell » Fri, 07 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>I've just bought a new Pentium based PCI system with said card and have
>exactly the same problem....Any news?

>Is there no way of getting something up and running using the standard
>SVGA server?

>Simon

I did manage to get this working with the VGA16 X server.  16 colors is
better than no X.  I am using a resolution of 640x480 which is about the
size I like.  The setup was pretty easy, once I understood the XF86Config
file setup with some help.  xf86config should get this mode working
without much problem (only problem I had was getting the clock speed).

With the SVGA X server, I could get the "generic" setup to work.  This
is 320x200 with 256 colors.  Not very usable.  You can do this pretty
easily as well, most of the lines you need to make it work are in the
default XF86Config file that xf86config builds, you just need to
uncomment them.

I have seen others post workarounds with different video cards that
involve changing the display mode of the card under dos and then booting
linux with loadlin, but I do not have utilities like that for the card
I have, nor do I run dos :)

If you can live with 16 colors until the chipset is supported, I would
go ahead and use the VGA16 X server.

chris

TVGA9400AGI Driver

Post by _dean beche » Mon, 17 Jul 1995 04:00:00

> >Does anybody know if anyone is working on a SVGA driver for the Trident
> >9440AGI?  If so, I would like information on it.

>    I have the same card, and I don't think there is one. It does'nt work
> with X. If it does no one can tell me in understandable terms.

>    My guess is it will be included later - after it has been out for
> awhile.

X works in the 16 color VGA server mode :)

1. Drivers, Drivers, Drivers!

I'm looking for a good place to locate drivers for Linux.  Currently
I'm having a problem getting a Katron ethernet adapter working on
a 486/33 machine.  The system keeps locking up during the auto-
sensing phase of the boot process.

If anyone can aim me in the right direction of a storage location
for Linux drivers I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jim O'Shea

St. Louis, Missouri

2. trouble gunzipping some files from a2

3. SIS7012/K7S5A: ALSA, Kernel driver, SIS's driver... best driver choice?

4. SMP and adaptec

5. Drivers, Drivers, Drivers

6. Checking Data Segment Size

7. How 32 bit driver can be ported to 64 bit driver?

8. Issues with dhcptab and nerwork files when migrating from solaris 8 to soalris 9

9. How can I put a module/driver below IP driver in a stream?

10. Hayes Modem Driver PC-104 & Linux Drivers

11. Concurrency - driver driver

12. driver: receiving interrupt from another drivers hardware