Please Help - Console-Switching

Post by malte.beis.. » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

hello, out here!

I would like to disable the console-switching-mechanism in
X (Linux).
I would like to use the system for teaching purposes and therefore
its very importand for me to disallow this feature.

Ive already found the place where to disable the X-Server-Kill-
Command - but its still possible to switch over the different
consoles (CTRL ALT F1.....).

TNX in advance!!

cu
      Malte

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Please Help - Console-Switching

Post by Lee Kang Wo » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Look up /etc/inittab
there'll be lines as follows.

1:12345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1
2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2
#3:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty3
#4:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4
#5:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty5
#6:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty6

If you mark '#' before '2', you'll have only one console.

> hello, out here!

> I would like to disable the console-switching-mechanism in
> X (Linux).
> I would like to use the system for teaching purposes and therefore
> it? very importand for me to disallow this feature.

> I?e already found the place where to disable the X-Server-Kill-
> Command - but it? still possible to switch over the different
> consoles (CTRL ALT F1.....).

> TNX in advance!!

> cu
>       Malte

Please Help - Console-Switching

Post by Malte Beisse » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

TNX very much for your answer!

It does not work ......

It might sounds a bit unbelievable, but if you commend all getties, it's
still
possible to switch to the text-based-screen with ctrl-alt-f1. OK, you
can not
log in, but you can leafe X - and this is what i want to prevent.

Any more hint's?

TNX in advance