ATI 3D rage II , Xpression card supported in slackware96 ?

ATI 3D rage II , Xpression card supported in slackware96 ?

Post by Wesley Shi » Mon, 21 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

    I connect my ATAPI cdrom into onboard primary IDE secondary channel.
 After I use the bare.i to install my slackware96, I need to insert
 cd in my cdrom for booting up succesfully.

   The linux system can not detect hdb, if I do not put a cdrom there,
 and give me the message, midea change ..

   If I put my cdrom there, I need to umount cdrom to replace another
  cdrom. Any way can aovid the inconvinent ?

   Also I bought a ATI 3D mach64 video card for it, any hint that
  I can run it with XFree86 successfully ? I do not know the
  chipset and ramdac ?

   Thank you

   Wesley Shih

1. ATI 3D Xpression (3D Rage II)

Hi,
does anyone know a working Xserver (e.g Accelerated X) for ATI 3D
Xpression with the Chipset 3D Rage II ?

I tried Xfree 3.2, but no success. In the release notes i saw
that this chip is still not supported by XF86_Mach64.

If anyone has suggestions please let me know.  Thanks!!

Herbert Reichardt

2. installing quake

3. ATI 3D Xpression RAGE II setup on REDHAT 4.2

4. Q: Any special procedure for adding memory to OS 5.0.2?

5. ATI Xpression (3D Rage II) & Mach64 Server problem

6. Spontaneous log out on ethernet

7. ATI Xpression (3D Rage II) and Mach64

8. Epson stylus 640 + linux/GS5.10: is this slow or what??

9. HELP: XFree86 3.3.1 & ATI 3D Pro Turbo (3D Rage II+DVD)

10. Need XF86Config for ATI 3D Rage II or II+ please

11. ATI 3D Rage II +DVD support in XF86 3.3?

12. ATI 3D RAGE II+ video card on x86 problem

13. ATI 3D Rage II PCI Graphics Card