SiS630e + AcerView F31e LCD panel X setup

SiS630e + AcerView F31e LCD panel X setup

Post by Bo-Yin Ya » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:29:47

        I bought a second-hand AcerView F31e cheap intending to use it
as a convenient home display.  I have a box made up of spare parts as
follows: 40G HDD, FDD, 40x CD, 466MHz Celeron, ASUS CUS-M motherboard,
integrated with SiS630e chipset including graphics and NIC, microATX
mini-case with 150W power supply, 512MB PC133 SDRAM (2 Crucial DIMMs).

        I had previously installed Debian on this machine elsewhere,
and X Windows worked with 16MB buffer and a 17in Viewsonic monitor.  I
reinstalled Redhat 7.2 and the X-based install went off smoothly (I am
using an IBM spacesaver keyboard with trackpoint as my PS/2 mouse).  I
see during the install that the F31e was detected fine and the SiS630e
integrated graphics was detected as well.  But when running X, I see a
black area -- X windows did not use the whole screen, but one strip on
the rightmost part was blank.  When setting up with 640x480 everything
was fine and in text mode everything was fine.  X works ok except for
this hitch and the screen setting status shows a non-preset mode.

        I find this extremely strange since I thought LCD is digital,
you wouldn't get things like too narrow or too wide or offset wrong in
a panel, clearly I was wrong.  Anyway, I need to see the modeline or
modelines, or other setup data for this Acerview F31e!  Does anyone
use F31e and can anyone supply your XFree86 config files so that this
poor soul could run his machine in peace?  Thanks.

1. SiS630 + AcerView F31e panel X setup problem

Hello,

[...]

2. Firewall Evasion

3. Help with LCD panel setup in X Windows

4. -= Linux Driving me Crazy =-

5. LCD Panels: XFree86 & Linux Look Great!

6. netfilter and rules for unusual services

7. "wine QuickTimePlayer.exe" gives "Error # -2097" from QuickTime

8. LCD Panel Driver Card

9. LCD panel vs. monitor (thinkpad 600)

10. LCD Flat Panel Monitor with RGB inputs?

11. lcd panel and display on sun blade 100

12. LCD Flat Panel Displays?