how do I install a peer-to-peer network on Linux??

how do I install a peer-to-peer network on Linux??

Post by Henry Eelder » Sat, 05 Oct 1996 04:00:00

HI,

I was wondering if it's possible to share the drives and printers with the
guy on the other end of the cable. I have a normal NE2000 network which
runs perfectly under DOS.

Do you have any tips?? They're always welcome!

Gtx,

Ernst

how do I install a peer-to-peer network on Linux??

Post by Erik Mo » Tue, 08 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>HI,

>I was wondering if it's possible to share the drives and printers with the
>guy on the other end of the cable. I have a normal NE2000 network which
>runs perfectly under DOS.

>Do you have any tips?? They're always welcome!

This is a "bit" off-topic, but you should start reading
the NET-2-Howto.

Erik

--
Erik Mouw

1. Peer-to-peer network between a Linux and a DOS

Hi!!

I'm interested in getting a couple of ethernet cards to hook up one
machine running Linux and another running DOS.  I have some tailor-made
software that's been written for both environments, and they use the same
data files... I'd like to have the Linux machine spawn processes on the
DOS machine, and use the data file output from the DOS process in an X
application.

Is this a worthwhile endeavor?  Can I do this with some kind of
peer-to-peer ethernet connection?  I assume I need to stick with ethernet
since Linux has extensive support for ethernet cards.  The data files I'm
working with are rather large, so they'd take too long to transfer over a
serial or parallel link...I'd like to use ethernet coax if possible.

Input appreciated!  Thanks!

Nick Rossi

"You generally don't find that kind of behavior in a major appliance..."

2. Gentoo (again!)

3. Installing RH Linux 5.2/Sparc on Sparcstation2 via my Windows95/98 peer-peer network

4. make world 5.0-r to 5.1-r?

5. Peer-to-Peer Network of LINUX Workstations, IS IT POSSIBLE?

6. About CDE login problems...

7. how do I setup a peer-to-peer network with Linux??

8. Missing source files

9. _Networking Ques.: Is "Peer-to-Peer" Networking Possible Among Multiple Linux Standalone Machines?

10. Linux Peer-to-Peer networking problems

11. Who is the gateway in a 2PC Linux Peer-to-Peer network?

12. Peer-to-peer network: Linux + Win98

13. How can I put a linux machine on a peer-to-peer network