olvwm-icons

Post by Thomas Stiel » Tue, 23 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Does anybody know, how to tell the olvwm, which icon should be
used for an iconized program.
I can select an default icon, but I want to use different icons
for different programs!

There is the nice penguin-xterm-icon, you know?
An other question: Does anybody know the name of the penguin?

Thomas

Kurze Str. 15 / Zimmer 12 -- 37073 Goettingen    -- 0551  / 485603
   Grillparzerweg 23      -- 34346 Hann. Muenden -- 05541 / 5906

1. xpm icons in olvwm instead of xbm?

Hi all!

Anyone know how I can change the defaults icons set i
/var/X11R6/lib/appdefaults from the boring b/w xbm icons to color xpm icons?
( I've got bunches of groovy icons I would like to use instead of all the
  ugly default ones. )

I know how to change to another xbm icon, with the "*IconPixmap: iconfilename"
line but if I put a xpm icon there it doesn't seem to work. Why?

I haven't found this in any faq or anything, perhaps it's too simple?
Well in any case I don't know how to do it. I couldn't find anything in
the man pages for olwm or X either.

I could find any simple command line switch either for overriding the default
iconpixmap.

Hmm...another odd thing is that I noticed that some programs have b/w
icons under olvwm but colored icons under fvwm?? This is the case for
example TkDesk. In fvwm the Trash can and stuff are in groovy colors but
in olvwm (wich I like better) they are in b/w. (yuakk!)

If anyone can tell me how to get nice color icons all over the desktop in
olvwm I would appreciate it!

 /Fredrik
  http://www.student.tdb.uu.se/~m92fra

2. linuxppc v4 bug

3. Icon color problem on olvwm

4. splus for solaris x86 / linux

5. how to increase icon's color in olvwm?

6. newbie questions pertaining to new g4s + netbsd

7. Invisible icons under olvwm in 24bit

8. gs and bj200

9. Q: olvwm with nice icons - How?

10. mirrored icons in olvwm, XFree86 from slackware 2.1 (Linux)

11. xterm icon labels in olvwm

12. icons under OLVWM

13. Howto custimze ICONS & FOATING MENU in X (under fvwm & olvwm) ???