CD Player for X

Post by Jim Ell » Sat, 08 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Is there an X Windows Music CD Player???

CD Player for X

Post by Aaron Sn » Tue, 11 Jul 1995 04:00:00

> Is there an X Windows Music CD Player???

Yep ... I know of at least two: workman and xcd.  Workman came with my
Caldera distribution (so I imagine it must be on Caldera's ftp site),
and I downloaded xcd from that same site.  It's ftp.caldera.com.  I
haven't tried workman, but xcd is *very* nice.  All sorts of neat-o
features which you can use, but don't have to deal with if you don't
want to.  And it's very pretty, too. :-)

--

 - Aaron Snow           | "I ain't here on business; I'm only here for fun.

   Newly Orphaned ... and that's a good thing!

1. Problem- Video CD- CD to CD copying- Does not play in hardware player

Hi All

I use RH 7.3 with 128MB RAM. I wanted to copy a Video CD given to me by a
friend. I copied the contents to Harddisk and copied it onto CD. This did
not play in the hardware player.

Then I tried making an image and copying it by
dd if=/dev/scd1 of=vid1.iso

and then writing it using cdrecord to another CD. This also did not play in
the hardware player.
I have made copies of bootable linux distro CD's this way and there was
absolutely no problem. Why video CD alone is creating problem? What else is
to be done?

Cheeka
PS: I made a copy of video CD using cd copy using Nero in  Windows and that
played in h/w player. What is to be done in Linux?

2. Debugger for X/AIX ?

3. CD Player and MP3 Player for Solaris 8

4. Wowowowowowow !!! k^ol6hd@7Z

5. MP# player and CD player

6. SCO-5 & Cirrus Logic

7. Z-Player CD-Rom player from ZDS ?

8. DRIVER QVISION-2000 for SCO (WHERE?)

9. CD Player for IDE CD-ROM's

10. Video-Cd and CD-I Players.

11. which audio cd player for PAS 16 NEC CD ROM?

12. X11 Cd-player for Teac CD-55A?

13. CD Player needed for audio cd.