Configfile for Eizo (Nano) T57S

Post by guenn » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

I recently upgraded to an Eizo T57S (called Nano in Japan and the States
I think) running
it at my old ATI WinTurbo Mach64 Video Card.

After several houres I gave up on finding a good match for the setup of
the modelines.

Is anyone out there running that configuration or this monitor together
with Linux.
It would be a great help if somebody could send me his configuration for
the monitor
otherwise I will have either to continue the 'try and error' method or I
need to find more
information of the monitor to calculate the settings (both are horrible
szenarios).

Thanks in advance,
    Guenter  (frustrated, helples, tired and just down)

Configfile for Eizo (Nano) T57S

Post by Valentin Guille » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Guenter,
If you go to this address  http://www.netmaster.ca/fvlug/monitor
you can query this database under the search words   Nanao or Eizo and
obtain the specifications for either this particular Model number or
similar/alternate choices.  There are currently 5 choices which come up, and
I don't know which in particular you need.  However, the 5 choices have
listed
1. Bandwidth
2. Horizontal Scan Frequencies
3. Vertical Refresh Rates
4. Modeline info for each resolution
5. Recommended Alternate information

If you don't find a listing for your exact model number, you can use an
entry which is similar in capabilities as yours, although it may take two or
three editings of the config file to get it absolutely PERFECT.  This
combination of hardware should give you great performance.

--
__________________________________ __________________________________
         Valentin Guillen         | >>>>> Sick of Junk Email? <<<<<

____please spam these guys too_______________________________________

1. ANNOUNCE: Unix::ConfigFile 0.05

Unix::ConfigFile is a new module package designed for Unix administrators,
especially those who have to write scripts to manipulate the various config
files in Unix.  This is the first public release of Unix::ConfigFile.

This module is available on CPAN:

http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/S/SS/SSNODGRA/Unix-ConfigFile-0.05.tar.gz

Here is a description from the README file:

Welcome to Unix::ConfigFile 0.05.  This is an *alpha* release.  That means
that interfaces may change in the future and there will probably be some bugs
lurking around.  You have been warned.

The Unix::ConfigFile distribution is a suite of modules that provide simple
interfaces to various Unix configuration files.  The objective is to free the
system administrator from dealing with the trivial formatting details of the
files, and allow him or her to concentrate on the information therein.
Currently supported files include:

        aliases    Unix::AliasFile
        automount  Unix::AutomountFile
        group      Unix::GroupFile
        passwd     Unix::PasswdFile

--

Geek Code: GCS d? s: a- C++ US++++$ P+++ L+ w PS+ 5++ b++ DI+ D++ e++ r++ y+*
"What to do I find it hard to know/The road I walk is not the one I chose" -Yes

2. alternative API for raw devices

3. Need Lesstif configfile - .mwmrc?

4. Netscape Communicator & solaris 2.6

5. process configfile

6. Solaris: root cron jobs halting

7. No Configfile

8. Kmail attachments?

9. nano-X

10. Subject: [?]nano-x question,please help

11. hot to get nano-second time?

12. nano & wrap lines

13. Enabling Full-Duplex Ethernet on Linux (nano-HOWTO)