Ytree Error opening terminal: xterm.Error opening terminal: xterm.

Ytree Error opening terminal: xterm.Error opening terminal: xterm.

Post by Jim Nixo » Sun, 07 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I installed ytree and got this error message:
Error opening terminal: xterm. Any idea's? The default installation is
linux, with nurses dependency (which I have). I modified the ytree.conf,
then copied it to both /root & /home directories. It failed to run in both
X and shell envirnments, with the same error message. I tried several
global TERM=bla...bla.. with no help.

I still use Xtree under dos and having ytree working would be a great
tool for my limited CLI skills.

TIA..

ezrsch                                    __  __     ____  ___       ___ ____

                                        /   / \  / / / / /__ /  \/ /___  /

1. ncurses 1.9.9g error msg: "error opening terminal: console"

Just did the 'make' for ncurses 1.9.9g and (as the documentation
suggests) went to run the test programs before installing the new libs,
etc over the old ones (ncurses 1.8.6). When I ran ncurses or any
other test program I got the error msg: "error opening terminal:
console". I _do_ have a symbolic link /usr/lib/terminfo/c/console
pointing to /usr/lib/terminfo/l/linux. $TERM variable is: "console". I
thought that's all that was necessary. Guess not. Any help appreciated.

Tnx,
Paul Ellis

2. missing documentation/man pages in SLS1.03

3. xterm, run a process, keep xterm open

4. Linux and NTFS

5. xterm: how to open a new xterm and run telnet

6. problem select on a named pipe

7. How Cron job open Xterm window and display outputs to this xterm?

8. cmeclax programmers -cmeclax problem

9. can you open an xterm & run a subroutine in that xterm?

10. fvwm locking open xterm opening

11. fixing xterm error: Can't open display

12. xterm Xt error: Can't open display: