S3 Virge/GX2 setup ?

Post by Sigurdur Gudmundsso » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi

    Im trying to set up a X server to work with a S3 Virge/GX2 3d AGP card.
I used XF86Config from SUSE and installed their xs3v server.
I can startx the server without visible error messages but then it hangs
after a short flash on the screen (which is save i believe) Has anyone
experienced the same problem or better still got the xs3v server to work
with that card.

Thanks Sigurdur

S3 Virge/GX2 setup ?

Post by Greg Waug » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I just went through this process... I ended up having to sell the stupid
thing.  No matter what I did, it just wasn't reliable and stable.
Intermittant lockups, different problems in each resolution....  it was
a mess.  BTW, you can't use the xs3v server, you have to use the SVGA
server.

Quote:

--

Manager of Systems Operations