Gdm never returns after logging out of Gnome/Enlightenment session

Gdm never returns after logging out of Gnome/Enlightenment session

Post by michael s. jesso » Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:30:19

When I switch to a different virtual terminal device, I see the error
(or a paraphrase of it):
"process gdm has been mysteriously *ed" or something to that
effect.

Any ideas??

Mike J.

1. GDM returns to LOGIN, doesnt start Gnome ...

Hi there,

I'm using Suse 6.4 together with Helix Gnome. When I start Gnome using
startx, everything is fine. Now I tried to configure GDM to have a
graphical login. I see the login window, but when I try to login the
screen briefly flashes and then I am back in the login window. This
happens for root and other users. If I am using KDM or XDM everything
works.

Any suggestions ?

Thanx.

mEyErS&-}

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Laser Printer & Wordperfect

3. why is gdm only letting root start a gnome-session?

4. DLT7000 tape is really slow

5. gdm/xdm cannot start gnome-session - help!

6. HELP! XFree86-3.1.2 installed, but "command not found"

7. Logging out of Gnome/Enlightenment problems

8. Mailx Insecure Pathname Warning - Why?

9. gnome login sessions / gnome bugs?

10. Going from GNOME session to console to GNOME resets mouse speed

11. gnome login sessions, gnome bugs?

12. Can apache/stronghold log when a user 'click outs' of your site?

13. init file for gdm/enlightenment?