DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO CHANGE A SHELL'S (BASH/TCSH) DEFAULT FONT???

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO CHANGE A SHELL'S (BASH/TCSH) DEFAULT FONT???

Post by Ramon Talaver » Tue, 12 May 1998 04:00:00

I am no talking about the ctrl+alt +muse button combination that makes a
menu appear under X.
I would like to know how to change THOSE default fonts so as not to
become blind after using
X under a resolution of 1280x1024 where those fonts which are called
HUGE aren't huge at all! :)

please... if you know how ... tell me

Post by Daniel Duqu » Tue, 12 May 1998 04:00:00

> I am no talking about the ctrl+alt +muse button combination that makes a
> menu appear under X.
> I would like to know how to change THOSE default fonts so as not to
> become blind after using
> X under a resolution of 1280x1024 where those fonts which are called
> HUGE aren't huge at all! :)

I can tell you it's quite easy with a good virtual terminal program.
kvt, which comes with KDE is quite o.k.

Bye

--

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO CHANGE A SHELL'S (BASH/TCSH) DEFAULT FONT???

Post by Stefaan A Eecke » Tue, 12 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I am no talking about the ctrl+alt +muse button combination that makes a
> menu appear under X.
> I would like to know how to change THOSE default fonts so as not to
> become blind after using
> X under a resolution of 1280x1024 where those fonts which are called
> HUGE aren't huge at all! :)

From /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/XTerm:

*fontMenu.Label:  VT Fonts
*fontMenu*fontdefault*Label:    Default
*fontMenu*font1*Label:  Unreadable
*VT100*font1:           nil2
*IconFont:              nil2
*fontMenu*font2*Label:  Tiny
*VT100*font2:           5x7
*fontMenu*font3*Label:  Small
*VT100*font3:           6x10
*fontMenu*font4*Label:  Medium
*VT100*font4:           7x13
*fontMenu*font5*Label:  Large
*VT100*font5:           9x15
*fontMenu*font6*Label:  Huge
*VT100*font6:           10x20

Change font definitions as required, add to your .Xresources
file, issue the xrdb -merge .Xresources and you're set.

--
Stefaan
--

PGP key available from PGP key servers (http://www.pgp.net/pgpnet/)
   Williams and Holland's Law:  If enough data is collected,

1. Does anybody know if it's possible for more than one default gateway

Trying to post this again. Seems if your reply is shorter than the orig
article my news reader will not post it.

Would gated solve this problem? Gated understands Hello routing protocol.
This converts the fastest route based on time to RIP protocol. Go to smit
turn off routed and start up gated. You will need a /etc/gated.conf file
our looks like this:
interface {
interface en0 passive ;
If what you want is load sharing this should do it. It will not help if
the goal is to define two default routes.

2. Trying to set up X Server . . . VGA card not listed. Need help

3. change Korn shell as root's default shell

4. qmail debian package anywhere?

5. Font Problem: could not open default font 'fixed'

6. dri with voodoo3 (tdfx)

7. How to change the default shell csh->bash (not with administrator rights)?

8. Escaping spaces in a script

9. how to change default shell(bash) to csh

10. Font problem - default font 'fixed'

11. Font Problem: could not open default font 'fixed'

12. Changing default shell to bash with admintool?