Netscape 4.0 Won't Start

Post by Jim Dunc » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

: > I'm using Linux kernel 1.3.25
: From which museum are you mailing this message?
: I suppose Netscape is not supporting a.out versions...

: > and downloaded Netscape
: > version 4.03 for Linux 1.2. It should work.

There are two versions of Netscape on their ftp site. One
is labeled with a '1_2' in its title, and the other is
'2_0'. So I figured - hoped - that the '1_2' version was
a.out.

Well jeez, I guess it's time to update.... So will it be
Slackware again or Red Hat...
--
SEMPER|  w  ["]          http://www.okay.com

*******\_____I_____/ 37 3 10N/121 59 10W *******

Netscape 4.0 Won't Start

Post by Mike » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Did you chmod the file so it is executable ie. chmod +x netscape?

If you didn't then it will not execute.  If you are getting not found
errors then your path to the executable is not set correctly and the
system can't find it or if you are in the directory you must enter:

# ./netscape

The "./" tells the system to execute the file from the current
directory.

Mike

1. Netscape won't start media player

I have a streaming video file(.asf) located on my Apache server.
When I use IE 5.0 to access the file it automatically starts the MS
Media Player and I can see the video clip.  When I try to use Netscape
4.X to access the file all I get is a bunch of code scrolling by.  I have
this
same file on xoom.com and it works with both IE and Netscape so I'm
pretty sure the problem is with the Apache configuration.
I have also accessed this file from several PC's running Netscape and get
the
same result. So I know it's not a particular browser config problem.
 I'm running Apache 1.3.12 on a Linux 6.2 platform.  Can anyone
tell me how to fix this??????  Thanks in advance!!!!!

2. i386 cleanups

3. Bad magic number with Netscape: won't start

4. Second time

5. netscape won't start from Xwindow or command prompt

6. Accessing the unix file system from win95 machine

7. Help: Netscape 6 won't start

8. Libc for RedHat

9. Netscape Enterprise won't start

10. Netscape won't start (sometimes!)

11. Netscape won't start

12. netscape won't start, but the libs seem correct

13. Netscape won't start