Netscape 3.0 menu text ok, 4.07 is black on black

Netscape 3.0 menu text ok, 4.07 is black on black

Post by George D » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I upgraded from an old 2.0.0 system to glibc and 2.0.35. Blew everything away
and installed from a brand new Slackware CD. This means I also changed from fvwm
to fvwm2, and Netscape 3.0 to Netscape 4.07.

Netscape 3.0 was fairy good under the old setup. Bit grainy, but ok.

4.07 now has black text on black background for the top menu texts
(file edit etc) and for the text around the icons under that.

How can I change the colour of the text or background of this menu bar? I am not
talking the fvwm2 decoration title text, I am talking the Netscape menu bar.
Error messages come up with blank (black on black) dialog boxes too. 3.0 is
still OK.

Help?

--
 ,-,_|\  George Dau - Unix (Solaris, DEC Unix, Linux), Oracle, Internet.   __

      v   WWW: http://pobox.com/~gedau !  necessarily those of M.I.M.     W--W

Netscape 3.0 menu text ok, 4.07 is black on black

Post by George D » Wed, 17 Mar 1999 04:00:00

This group doesn't get many answers. I found this one out myself after much
distress. The accel driver is NBG; I went back to svga and the colours are back
and working fine.

--
 ,-,_|\  George Dau - Unix (Solaris, DEC Unix, Linux), Oracle, Internet.   __

      v   WWW: http://pobox.com/~gedau !  necessarily those of M.I.M.     W--W

1. XFree86 Menus are Black on Black

  This is interesting.... I had an Mach64 Rage II+DVD and could'nt get it to
function on RH5.1 or 5.2. Whenever I did a startX I would get a black screen.
Could it be that it was black on black? I got the card working with the SVGA
sever but only at a really low resolution. Finally I bought a new card after
days of frustration. if you find anything out, please let us know. I could
really use that card on another box.

Thanx,
Arilu

2. cpio ??????

3. Running Remote "X" Apps with Linux

4. Weird problem with Red Hat & Storm setup - text displays black on black background

5. Monitor ? LCD ?

6. terminal: black text on black background. Please help...

7. HELP: Weird CD-ROM mounting problem

8. Exiting X -> nice black-on-black text on all VC

9. Black text on a black background

10. I am tired of white text on black background

11. Sol9: CDE: how to flip dtterm to white on black, yellow on black, ...?

12. Soln: Mouse pointer lacks white border (black pointer on black background)